Luca (Pixar goes a bit gay in some people's opinion but not Phoenix's or the director's)

SILENCIO BRUNO

• Total voters

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
On Disney+ now (for no extra charge)

It's not overtly gay but the themes are all there, and this review heading is great

Capture.PNG

I thought it was very sweet and cute and perfectly watchable but not something I'll return to, or think about much

7/10

why are there 12 other people looking at this

someone say something

I felt a disturbance in the force that could only have been a pun of a perfection only matched by its contrivedness

it's a bit gay in some people's opinion but not Phoenix's

It's not explicity gay but:

The director has joined Phoenix in declaring the movie NOT GAY.

I mean Disney has been doing GAY SUBTEXT for decades so this sounds like nothing groundbreaking.

• Wow
Reactions: dUb
Ursula the Sea Witch remains Disney's greatest contribution to the LGBT+ community.

This is not strictly on-topic but I think a few posters in this thread would enjoy the anime series Sarazanmai - it features adolescent male friendship, absolutely no female romantic interest, musical numbers, and the characters access special powers by allowing themselves to be (non-sexually) anally penetrated. Check it out!
Kappa Sarazanmai GIF by Crunchyroll

EDIT: There's also a subplot about doing drag :shock:

Last edited:
Just watched this and really enjoyed it. The line from the grandma at the end got me, there will always be people that don’t accept him but he seems pretty good at finding the ones who will, I almost had a tear but not quite.

This is not strictly on-topic but I think a few posters in this thread would enjoy the anime series Sarazanmai - it features adolescent male friendship, absolutely no female romantic interest, musical numbers, and the characters access special powers by allowing themselves to be (non-sexually) anally penetrated. Check it out!

this is how Japan interprets Sexual Goose

wtf

Wow that gif is disturbing.

Reactions: COB
Well obviously I watched it because of the comparisons. It was sweet and cute and fine. It did feel a bit slight compared to other Pixar movies, like one of their shorts that had been stretched out to feature length.

And I definitely got the vibe that Luca will come home from school all grown up and let Alberto fuck his brains out.

Ok starting this now

So far it’s a kid who is really interested in a thing but his mother is strictly forbidding it, but goshdarnit he’s doing it anyway!

So sensation! Much original!

OMG he got found out and his mother overreacted and ended up driving him away.

Don’t people say that in Hollywood there are only 5 stories? I think in animation there’s only 1 or 2

I forgot Soldi means money, and the “weird” girl (who I presume will turn out to be a good person and has her weirdness appreciated) just said SOLDI suddenly and I was
:agog:

I tried watching this on a plane. Got through like 10 minutes.

Well, it was alright, as usual Pixar went in hard on making it look really good and designing good character concepts - but then forgot to characterise them more than the usual primary colours of personality.

Ercole is the unsalvageable baddie, Luca doesn’t do anything wrong really, hardly anyone has any character development until the scheduled end of act 2 crisis.

And considering how they wanted to make it authentically Italian they wanted to make it look (no doubt via many research trips), the voice cast are almost all North Americans just North Americanning and saying MAMMA MIA BELISSIMA every few sentences to bluff through.

It was alright, and I didn’t get the gay thing, they were just friends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom