Madame X Tour

I don't know why I'm complaining, it's not like I forked out for tickets, but still

When is she auctioning off her OLD KNEE? :disco:

Crave's the best bloody song on MADAME X :oi:
Mmmm no, that would be GOD Control thank you very much.

I love CRAVE, don't get me wrong, I just didn't really like the disco-by-numbers performance. I think I would have preferred it in the Fado section.

I don't get it, why would they do that on purpose? It makes no sense. Still :D

Unlike Spain, Britain has strict curfew laws that are actually acted upon, particularly for noisy venues with neighbours nearby (Nanny state etc.). It still feels a bit weird if there was only one song left, but then my sympathy for a woman who is CONSTANTLY LATE and UNAPOLOGETIC and not in a FABULOUS way like Grace Jones is fairly LIMITED.

There's a show on BBC4 RIGHT NOW about Madonna from about 2001 before she went COMPLETELY TO SHIT if you're interested in the thoughts of LOWRI TURNER and the BIZARRE RUMINATIONS of JENNY 'VAGINAL DRYNESS' ECLAIR

Anna from Big Brother giving her thoughts

anyways, I went to see her again last night . Was in the Royal Circle . Until a friend of a friend with connections told us to come with them, and sat us right in the front Row.

She was very good .

And she sat next to me .

anyways...

Unlike Spain, Britain has strict curfew laws that are actually acted upon, particularly for noisy venues with neighbours nearby (Nanny state etc.
The venue could be fined or even lose its licence if they break it. She knows this.

course she knows this. course her team know this. her and her team obv orchestrated it though. sad

I remember when I saw Kate Bush she was about 90 minutes late. Due to technical difficulties not cause she’s a cunt. She announced she’d pay the venues fine rather than cut the show short.

Total opposite for me. Saw my 2nd concert of the tour in London last week and it was magnificent. Been in a Madonna mood ever since the Lisbon show. Irrespective of the injuries, this is a brilliant spectacle. I totally accept the prices are very steep but for me it has been absolutely worth it.

Thinking of getting a single ticket for a Paris show :D

So I finally got to see Madame X as well! Went to see it in the Palladium last Saturday and it was a great show. We were in the Upper Circle and I was surprised at how great the view from there was. I was expecting to be a lot further away from the stage. M was very chatty, it was a nice contrast to the other times I saw her when she barely spoke to the audience. I have no idea how much was mimed, but she sang the Fado bits beautifully.
Visually it's stunning, the use of the props and sets was very clever. Frozen was the highlight for me, the projection was absolutely gorgeous. The staging for Extreme Occident, Like A Prayer and Come Alive was also fantastic. I also loved God Control, Crazy and Vogue. There were some parts that did not work for me. I found I Don't Search strangely lifeless, it might have benefited from a remix. I still find Batuka grating and didn't enjoy it live either. Killers also shouldn't have been there. The worst offender is Future - she brought the house down with Frozen, Come Alive and LAP and then decides to perform Future right after that, talk about a downer. She should have replaced at least Killers and Future with something from her back cat, but that's Madonna for you I guess...
On another note: What's the deal with people paying £££ to get wasted before and during the show? There were a few people around me who were constantly in and out to get pints and wine and to go to the bathroom. One guy must have been on ecstasy, he was snogging his BF before the show and grabbed his cock a few times. When M came on he was dancing away to everything on the stairs like a lunatic. When ushers told him to get back to his seat he started vaping. He was told to stop and five minutes later descended the stairs again to the edge of the upper circle for a better view and to dance again. They removed him and his BF immediately after that. What a waste of money.

But I do agree with your review entirely, actually.

I do think the last section could have been tightened up and the Fado section would have done with cutting one song out. I don't think any concert should run over 2 hours. With those changes she would have still been able to perform the full concert even if she started at 09.00pm with a curfew.

I actually loved the performance of Future and prefer that version (minus Quavo, with a new verse!) much more than the album version. Madame X is a pianist (PIANIST). But the flow of that section was a bit off. Taking 'Crave' out actually made it better...

Anyway, 12* more shows in Paris and she can put this tour to bed and get her hip & knee replacements done.

I'd be very interested to see the London figures when they are released as I suspect they'll be the biggest of the tour from a single city and the average price per ticket may only be outdone by the Vegas shows...

(* provided no last minute jancellations happen)

But I do agree with your review entirely, actually.

I do think the last section could have been tightened up and the Fado section would have done with cutting one song out. I don't think any concert should run over 2 hours. With those changes she would have still been able to perform the full concert even if she started at 09.00pm with a curfew.

I actually loved the performance of Future and prefer that version (minus Quavo, with a new verse!) much more than the album version. Madame X is a pianist (PIANIST). But the flow of that section was a bit off. Taking 'Crave' out actually made it better...

Speaking of curfew: She started at 9:05 on Saturday and finished around 11:15 I think - does the curfew not apply on weekends? Or does she have to pay a fine now? Is Madame X a law-breaker (LAW-BREAKER)? The curtain didn't come down anyway.

One guy must have been on ecstasy, he was snogging his BF before the show and grabbed his cock a few times. When M came on he was dancing away to everything on the stairs like a lunatic. When ushers told him to get back to his seat he started vaping. He was told to stop and five minutes later descended the stairs again to the edge of the upper circle for a better view and to dance again. They removed him and his BF immediately after that. What a waste of money.

There's always one Cutie of the Evening. OR PROBABLY SEVERAL HUNDRED AT MADONNA CONCERTS

Final two Paris dates CANCELLED due to Corona.

What an absolute shit show this has been for her. The reputational damage must be considerable.

She had some of the best reviews of her career, the show was fantastic both times I saw it and she did end up performing 75 shows in the end.

So I'd say she did rather well. She needs to get some proper rest and recuperation (perhaps surgery as well) at this point.

She had some of the best reviews of her career, the show was fantastic both times I saw it and she did end up performing 75 shows in the end.

So I'd say she did rather well. She needs to get some proper rest and recuperation (perhaps surgery as well) at this point.
It was great wasn’t it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom