Madonna album rankings (UPDATED to include 'Madame X')

Sigh.

I guess you all know best. Never mind that it was a critical and commercial smash, Moopy says no.

Someone needs to let Lloyd-Webber and Rice know that "Wicked" is where it's at musically. :googlyeyes:

Didn't Madonna once say of Frida Kahlo's "My Birth" painting, "“anyone who doesn't like this picture can't be my friend”?

I think that's me with "Evita". I fundamentally lose some respect for anyone who doesn't love it. It separates the wheat from the chaff for me.

Ahh, you're one of THOSE people. It's all clear to me now.

I suppose you think you're being very clever and sophisticated.

:D

Actually I find Sondheim hit and miss, and don't even know a fair bit of his stuff.

I just find Lloyd Webber quite run of the mill.

:D

Actually I find Sondheim hit and miss, and don't even know a fair bit of his stuff.

I just find Lloyd Webber quite run of the mill.

Lloyd-Webber is clearly long past his best, but when he was good, he was so, so good. Sondheim is a genius, possibly more so as a lyricist than composer for me. Both have made gigantic contributions to musicals.

I suppose for some people, Lloyd-Webber vs Sondheim is a bit like Kylie vs Madonna. They're both quite wonderful really.

Sigh.

I guess you all know best. Never mind that it was a critical and commercial smash, Moopy says no.

Someone needs to let Lloyd-Webber and Rice know that "Wicked" is where it's at musically. :googlyeyes:
tenor.gif

To be fair, I LOVE Evita- the film I enjoy immensely and I like the songs, albeit that the 70s bombastic production was a bit anachronistic by 1998. I forget about it entirely but then throw it on for a good musical singalong every now and then and thoroughly enjoy every second!

To be fair, I LOVE Evita- the film I enjoy immensely and I like the songs, albeit that the 70s bombastic production was a bit anachronistic by 1998. I forget about it entirely but then throw it on for a good musical singalong every now and then and thoroughly enjoy every second!

Whenever I put on a song, I always end up listening to the entire thing!

I'm here for You Must Love Me, I'd be Surprisingly Good For You, Buenos Aires, Lament and (of course) Don't Cry for me Argentina. The rest can bog off.

Of course the Spanglish remix(es) of DCFMA remain(s) a MOMENTOUS landmark in homosexualistic Madonna history. Didn't our dearly departed Funky once say he loved having SEX to it? I'm sure @Sheena or @lolly may be able to elaborate or correct me if I'm MISTAKEN...

Of course the Spanglish remix(es) of DCFMA remain(s) a MOMENTOUS landmark in homosexualistic Madonna history. Didn't our dearly departed Funky once say he loved having SEX to it? I'm sure @Sheena or @lolly may be able to elaborate or correct me if I'm MISTAKEN...

Contrary to popular opinion, I've never been present when LA FUNK had it off, though there was that LOVELY time at Star's Hindu Hen Do where I spent a good half an hour watching him sleeping in the bed next to me and wondering JUST what waking up next to that back would feel like on a regular basis...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm here for You Must Love Me, I'd be Surprisingly Good For You, Buenos Aires, Lament and (of course) Don't Cry for me Argentina. The rest can bog off.

Another Suitcase in Another Hall is my favourite from the whole project- despite the BLAH BLAH BLAH about how it shouldn't have been her singing it in the first place and all that, it's delivered with such fragile beauty. Wonderfully done.

Another Suitcase in Another Hall is my favourite from the whole project- despite the BLAH BLAH BLAH about how it shouldn't have been her singing it in the first place and all that, it's delivered with such fragile beauty. Wonderfully done.
Oh I forgot about that - yes of course I love ASIAH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom