Madonna claims she has antibodies and is going to 'breathe in the COVID-19 air'

Her gradual descent into “daft old bint” continues apace.
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...going-to-breathe-in-the-covid-19-air-11981511
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...going-to-breathe-in-the-covid-19-air-11981511

Madonna has said she plans to "breathe in the COVID-19 air" after claiming she has coronavirus antibodies.

The 61-year-old made the statement in a video on her Instagram account on which she has been posting updates called her "Quarantine Diaries".

"I took a test the other day. I found out I have the antibodies, so tomorrow I'm just going to go for a long drive in the car. I'm going to roll down the window, I'm going to roll down the window and breathe in the COVID-19 air," she said.

The World Health Organisation has issued warnings about antibody tests, adding there is "no evidence that people who have recovered from COVID-19 and have antibodies are protected from a second infection".

Madonna has been on lockdown at her home in California and has been posting videos of herself and her children on social media.

In this latest video she sits in a candlelit room and uses a typewriter to write the diary entry. She talks philosophically about being unwilling to fight with the people she is in quarantine with and the pointlessness of trying to be right or win people's favour.

She then reveals that she believes she has immunity to coronavirus.

It is not known if the Queen of Pop has had any symptoms, but it has not yet been proven if having the antibodies in your bloodstream would give you protection against contracting the disease again.

It comes as the singer's 1994 album Bedtime Stories hit number one in the US iTunes chart on Thursday.

Madonna tweeted thanks to her fans who launched a campaign to get it to the top spot after seeing it had been reduced to $4.99.

When it was originally released the album only reached number three in the US Billboard chart.

Madonna caused controversy last month when she posted a video of herself talking about the pandemic being the "great equaliser" while sitting in a bath of rose petals. She later deleted the post after receiving criticism.

FINALLY?

Years of swollen crimes against Instagram would suggest it's been a long while coming.

Terrible video, of course, but nowhere near as bad as the (now deleted) bathtub one.

I tend to separate her instagram persona from her music. It's the only way to continue to enjoy her work as an artist.

Maybe she can recreate the OJ Simpson car chase LIVE on TV :disco:

I wouldn't normally post in a Madonna thread because it seems unfair of me to gatecrash just to slag her off, but after reading this thread title I felt the need to pop by and point out that she really is an absolute cunt.

Duly nominated

Bedtime Stories is back at #1 on iTunes and she trolls is with this shite.
Exactly. She had about 5 minutes of goodwill and instead of posting a clip of her singing a bar or two from 'Secret' or 'Sanctuary' she does this.

Not only is it self-indulgent and stupid but it is also quite irresponsible for her to post it as someone with 15 million followers (yes I know it's a *clutching pearls* moment). I can't with her sometimes.

Surviving a botched butt lift or three doesn't make you invincible you stupid bint. Such promo reminds me of Britney previewing State of Grace at traffic lights - maybe she'll blast Girl Gone Wild whilst driving through red lights since she's so edgy. The Edina Monsoon metamorphosis is almost complete.

Hasn't she been like this for decades though?

Nah, I don’t think she has in fairness. Even at her peak megastardom, she still exuded a sort of realness and a sense of still being quite sensible and down to earth. Now she’s in a bubble or something. Cut off from anyone in her life who’ll ever question or challenge her. She’s becoming more and more deluded.

I could absolutely envisage 80s/90s Madonna rolling her eyes at what she’s become.

Last edited:
Hang on, I thought she said this was “The great equaliser”. Now she’s saying she’s somehow superior.

Hang on, I thought she said this was “The great equaliser”. Now she’s saying she’s somehow superior.
I don't think that's quite what she said to be fair! (And I'm not defending her video at all...)

Nah, I don’t think she has in fairness. Even at her peak megastardom, she still exuded a sort of realness and a sense of still being quite sensible and down to earth. Now she’s in a bubble or something. Cut off from anyone in her life who’ll ever question or challenge her. She’s becoming more and more deluded.

I could absolutely envisage 80s/90s Madonna rolling her eyes at what she’s become.

Oh no absolutely. I meant much later like starting from 2006. I know it's not exactly "decadeS", but I feel like she started displaying this kinda behavior long before it was visible on social media.

I loved her so much when she was understated and let her music/visuals did all the talking for her.

I wonder how she would've responded to Covid-19 if it had broke out during the 1980s.

Madonna's never been "understated", except maybe for all of 1988 and about 6 months in 1995. So I don't really buy that. You only ever rear your head to bash her. It's boring.

Last edited:
Maybe I've just been watching too much Tiger King, but it's quite possible that she's been slowly driven mad. To spend twenty-five years being THE name on everyone's lips (and even during her lulls, she was still a Top 5 A-list pop star), and then suddenly become - at best - a tarnished legend and - at worst - a joke must be a wild psychological ride. Couple that with her body (into which she poured so much time and energy) failing her... I don't know. There's something almost MJ-esque about it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom