Madonna Deep-Cut Survivor: The 1990s (Round 1 - VOTE TO SAVE)

VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITES (up to 15)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

POP!

Let the light in
Giddy up!

VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITES!!!!

Madonna Reaction GIF

Very thought to leave so many off.

Back In Business has been a slow-burning favourite and was easily the non-Vogue standout for me for a long time. Now I'm Following You part 2 is now probably the one I seek out most, but overall I'm Breathless was a stepping stone to the dowsy nightclub singer vibe she went with subsequently.

Thief of Hearts is stark pop perfection. Words is in the same stratosphere and, go with me on this, I like to think it influenced Gala's Dance or Die. Those judicious, sore verses are to die for.

Oh there are too many to go through :)

SFH would be in no danger of not getting through anyway. The demo that leaked a few days ago is a beaut. Easily one of the very best things she ever did.

Goodbye to Innocence AGOG at bring missed, Up Down Suite less so.

There’s also a few other deep cuts missing from the era too she did for compilations- none of which are any good really, so no worries.

There’s a list of Madonna songs on Wikipedia that would help.

More than a couple of decent songs on I’m Breathless, but I’m letting them all go because well, the rest it better.

For I’m Breathless, though, there are some amazing moments. I only voted to save Sooner or Later but Back in Business and He’s A Man come close.

Goodbye to Innocence AGOG at bring missed, Up Down Suite less so.

There’s also a few other deep cuts missing from the era too she did for compilations- none of which are any good really, so no worries.

There’s a list of Madonna songs on Wikipedia that would help.
What others are there besides "Goodbye to Innocence"? I glanced at the wiki article but got overwhelmed when it wasn't chronologically sorted.

OMG after all the talk about Be Careful in the other threads, how could I forget it.

I demand for it to be added to the 00’s poll where it will have a better chance of reaching the semi-final.

What others are there besides "Goodbye to Innocence"? I glanced at the wiki article but got overwhelmed when it wasn't chronologically sorted.

You can chronologically sort it by clicking the top of the column!

I think Goodbye To Innocence is the only real omission here. I'm not sure it would have gone that far either, but if we're including bsides, then...

And OMG HOLD ON, I presumed Be Careful had for some reason been thrown in the main survivor as we were all talking about it. That's a MASSIVE omission, I would say!

Anyway, others:
The Beast Within (arguably a Justify My Love remix, but I think of it as a separate song)
Guilty By Association
Up Down Suite
If You Forget Me
Freedom
Bittersweet

But really, apart from the first two, I don't think you're missing that much. "Up Down Suite" was an actual b-side, though, if you want consistency.

You can chronologically sort it by clicking the top of the column!

I think Goodbye To Innocence is the only real omission here. I'm not sure it would have gone that far either, but if we're including bsides, then...

And OMG HOLD ON, I presumed Be Careful had for some reason been thrown in the main survivor as we were all talking about it. That's a MASSIVE omission, I would say!

Anyway, others:
The Beast Within (arguably a Justify My Love remix, but I think of it as a separate song)
Guilty By Association
Up Down Suite
If You Forget Me
Freedom
Bittersweet

But really, apart from the first two, I don't think you're missing that much. "Up Down Suite" was an actual b-side, though, if you want consistency.
Ah, not sure I even heard of the last three! "Up Down Suite" was included...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom