Madonna Deep-Cuts Survivor: The 1980s (Round 1)

Vote to SAVE! (up to 8)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

POP!

Let the light in
Onto the next installment. :shock:

VOTE TO SAVE

like a virgin madonna GIF

It's a big deal to miss off Ain't No Big Deal, but my go-to version is the '97 remix so out it goes.

In theory then, Santa Baby should be here too?

Though god knows it shouldn’t…

This is going to cause so much drama regarding what is considered a deep cut and what isn’t. Especially in the 90s…

And actually, I reckon I'd probably vote to save "I'd Be Surprisingly Good For You" at some stage!

I actually don’t remember any of them and will vote them out even more so now since you’re being rude.

I watched it again recently. Madonna BLINKING through every scene and giving ZERO screen presence.

ROTTEN :D

I watched it again recently. Madonna BLINKING through every scene and giving ZERO screen presence.

ROTTEN :D

Absolute musical snobbery HORSESHIT.

She's a TERRIBLE actress when she has to speak, in Evita, she's MAGNIFICENT.

ROBBED!

I just hate most musicals. The Madonna fan in me wants to see her doing something GOOD but I just can’t be arsed sitting through it. The music does nothing for me.

Absolute musical snobbery HORSESHIT.

She's a TERRIBLE actress when she has to speak, in Evita, she's MAGNIFICENT.

ROBBED!
She absolutely did NOT get the part at all, and plays it entirely ONE NOTE.

Can't SING it as written so misses all the DRAMA. Looks uncomfortable throughout. Makes you LONG for Lament to finish because she'll finally be DEAD :D

DESERVEDLY ROBBED

Musicals I liked:

Oliver!
Wicked
Lion King
Dreamgirls
What’s love got to do with it
The Book Of Mormon

Sister Act was OKAY

She absolutely did NOT get the part at all, and plays it entirely ONE NOTE.

Can't SING it as written so misses all the DRAMA. Looks uncomfortable throughout. Makes you LONG for Lament to finish because she'll finally be DEAD :D

DESERVEDLY ROBBED

How is it ONE NOTE!? Lament she is quite BEAUTIFUL in, the heartbreak in You Must Love Me is palpable and the sheer joie de vivre in stuff like Buenos Aires makes you forget you're watching Madonna, which is NO EASY FEAT.

All these theatre purists who go down the "she couldn't sing it" route because BITTER OL' LUPONE TOLD US AND WE MUST AGREE, like that shit doesn't happen every day in the theatre to match people's ranges and JOE PUBLIC never clocks a DAMNED THING.

UNDESERVEDLY SNOBBED

How is it ONE NOTE!? Lament she is quite BEAUTIFUL in, the heartbreak in You Must Love Me is palpable and the sheer joie de vivre in stuff like Buenos Aires makes you forget you're watching Madonna, which is NO EASY FEAT.

All these theatre purists who go down the "she couldn't sing it" route because BITTER OL' LUPONE TOLD US AND WE MUST AGREE, like that shit doesn't happen every day in the theatre to match people's ranges and JOE PUBLIC never clocks a DAMNED THING.

UNDESERVEDLY SNOBBED
Well, she COULDN'T sing it, which is why the score was transposed down for her :D. Fine in part, but some of the songs really suffer because of it - A New Argentina and Rainbow High in particular. And it robs Eva of the brutal drive needed at these key plot points. Plus, the score is better without You Must Love Me there (shoved in for Oscar winning purposes of course) and Buenos Aires is worlds better sung at a belt :D

But all in all, you never forget it's her singing a song. She looks self conscious and unsure most of the time. I don't believe a single thing she does.

Well, she COULDN'T sing it, which is why the score was transposed down for her :D. Fine in part, but some of the songs really suffer because of it - A New Argentina and Rainbow High in particular. And it robs Eva of the brutal drive needed at these key plot points. Plus, the score is better without You Must Love Me there (shoved in for Oscar winning purposes of course) and Buenos Aires is worlds better sung at a belt :D

But all in all, you never forget it's her singing a song. She looks self conscious and unsure most of the time. I don't believe a single thing she does.

I couldn't disagree MORE. I'd rather listen to Madonna's Rainbow High than the LUPONE screechathon ANY DAY and Buenos Aires is from a young, naive girl's point of view, which means her girlish delivery suits it JUST FINE.

Sorry @funky but you need to be DAZZLING
You need to be RAINBOW HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom