Madonna Deep-Cuts Survivor: The 2000s (Round 2)

VOTE TO ELIMINATE (up to 8)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

POP!

Let the light in
@Vicky the Vole the only one among us not to vote out "Imagine"

VOTE TO ELIMINATE

Sexy Queen Of Pop GIF by Madonna

38. Imagine
37. Cyber-Raga
33. History
33. Spanish Lesson
33. It's So Cool
33. Ring My Bell
32. Super Pop
28. I'm So Stupid
28. I Love New York
28. Fighting Spirit
28. Incredible

Incredible is a ripple of beauty in parts and I like the switch into something from her pre record deal days. The "can't get my head around it" bits are ultra goo. I'm So Stupid is just the lazy choice if you ask me - sonically it's a good case point for the album as a whole and I love its turgid, stubborn groove. The rest just aren't fully realised generally speaking.

I didn't actually think to vote for Imagine. As a cover it's not really great or terrible, and I thought there were worse there.

In retrospect I basically like every song from Hard Candy. :shock:

It lacks the career highs of the albums before it, but the next level down is surprisingly robust. There are only about 2 actively bad tracks on there. The rest of it is fun, funky and easy to listen to. Also some classic on-brand Madonna lyricism from stuff like Devil and She’s Not Me.

Also everyone voting for this is criminal. It’s one of her best songs of the 00s, singles or otherwise.

It’s a basic funk club song but the production is perfect and they both sound great on it

It lacks the career highs of the albums before it, but the next level down is surprisingly robust. There are only about 2 actively bad tracks on there. The rest of it is fun, funky and easy to listen to. Also some classic on-brand Madonna lyricism from stuff like Devil and She’s Not Me.

It's so OFF BRAND it HURTS. That's the PROBLEM. She sounds like a guest on her own record.

I’ve never understood the universal shrug to How High. It’s by no means her best, but it’s a fantastic little album track 🤷‍♂️

"Heartbeat" can't go yet. I was obsessed with it back then, even if vox are a bit shaky.

I’m pleased to see that Paradise (Not For Me) has zero votes thus far but there’s bound to be some sicko who saunters in and wants rid

I’m pleased to see that Paradise (Not For Me) has zero votes thus far but there’s bound to be some sicko who saunters in and wants rid

Don’t worry I’ll be submitting a complaint to the admin to have them banned once it happens

• Love
Reactions: Zu
Don’t worry I’ll be submitting a complaint to the admin to have them banned once it happens
I’m hoping for SQUASHED. Loreen’s jumbo high risk tellies are available to hire for 50 euro. They’ll do the trick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom