Madonna finishes deal with Interscope

Warner Music are notorious for interfering with every detail of the production process so this could be a good thing. Bitch needs some quality control these days.

Warner Music are notorious for interfering with every detail of the production process so this could be a good thing. Bitch needs some quality control these days.
! Isn't this precisely the situation she was in with Interscope, Live Nation, and utterly poisonous old Guy O? All the songwriting camps, unnatural features, and producers du jour. She's never felt so creatively micromanaged as in the last decade. I can't imagine more executive input is going to help her.

Perhaps fortunately I would say her original tenure at Warner Bros seemed to be quite the opposite of all that, and that could be the best thing for her moving forward.

Actually the most promising thing about her potentially rejoining Warner Music is that it would almost guarantee them better exploiting her back catalogue with box sets, deluxe reissues, and the like. I hope someone on her team has read Springsteen's leaked contract (and all the cash he got for agreeing to such things since that's what counts for her these days).

Actually the most promising thing about her potentially rejoining Warner Music is that it would almost guarantee them better exploiting her back catalogue with box sets, deluxe reissues, and the like. I hope someone on her team has read Springsteen's leaked contract (and all the cash he got for agreeing to such things since that's what counts for her these days).

This was my main thought. Surely Warner must be seeing that as part of the deal. One can only hope.

Liking a fair bit of Madame X notwithstanding, I'm much more here for a potential thorough exploitation of the back catalogue than concerned about what it means for future endeavours.

Not that I really care about the last 3 albums, but what would happen to them if she went back to Warner? I like the idea of her catalogue under one roof but that wouldn’t include those would it?

I want a full on greatest hits tour ft Candy Shop before she's on crutches permanently

God imagine a fully expanded version of Ray Of Light or ANY OF THEM REALLY like the recent mega-comprehensive Prince reissues :(

I say ROL in particular, because we KNOW the demos are out there, and we KNOW they are genuinely pretty good. If you add in the b-sides there’s almost ANOTHER ALBUM’S worth of (unfinished granted) material for that period that could be mastered and made available.

She's signing with Simon Fuller and going on tour with the Spice Girls. Apparently the deal was secured when it was agreed Glenn Close could replace Victoria. Madonna is said to be looking forward to hanging out with Bluebell-Madge backstage when she isn't hanging with Glenn Close.

Madame X is great. Rebel Heart has its moments and MDNA is a guilty pleasure (but really her nadir, so fair enough.)

So no I don't accept that opinion.

Well, they’re not on the level of what I’d expect from her. In fact, I demand Warner also deletes Hard Candy and the two awful singles (that I thankfully always forget about) from the last GH.

I still enjoy Hard Candy (even if it’s nowhere near as good as I thought it was at the time) but I’d agree with the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom