Votes: 1 2.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I love her for what she WAS and the multiple moments of joy she brought to my life so she will always have a place in my heart, but I have great trouble overlooking or forgiving what she IS, especially the ghastly THAT’LL DO approach and unnecessarily brittle, defensive personality. Above all I find her to be a terrible disappointment these days, but only because I emotionally invested in and trusted her for so many years

Anyway I’m off for a little sob to ‘Get Together’ :disco:

I get that completely. I guess she was already terrible when I became a fan, so I just have lowered expectations for her

:D She had already developed her new personality when I became more than a casual fan of her older music

I can't believe moopy is pitting Old Madonna against New Madonna.

I'm curious. Where do Madonna stans place Madame X among her discography? Top half, or bottom half?

Thats actually the difference between her and Kylie for me. Between the start of their careers and 2008, I like their music about equally. Since then its an entirely different story

I’m not sure whether GAYLUV is standardly regarded as the point at which she fell off a cliff but that was certainly the point at which I started to feel abused and being sick in my mouth

GAYLUV is the exact line between old Madonna and new Madonna (Not that anyone would ever pit them against each other @lolly)

Reactions: Zu
her peak for me. happy to see it's getting her highest recurrent streams on Spotify, knocking out Material Girl and Like a Virgin. it really does sound fresh after all these years. anything but dated. as for "new Madonna" shade...

07 2010s Madonna
09 2000s Madonna
10 1990s Madonna
09 1980s Madonna

she did age like full fat milk but i absolutely live for Rebel Heart (especially the demos).

Reactions: RJN
I don’t know if I’m furious or sort of don’t hate it, also a little happy that anyone bothered

I don’t know if I’m furious or sort of don’t hate it, also a little happy that anyone bothered
There’s so many of these uninspired edm covers of 00s hits coming out right now. Usually some random girl with kitchen vocals slapped on them.

I don't see it as a creative high watermark, but it - quite clearly - slaps. Although I do believe the sample does most of the work (how could you go wrong with something that good?)

To think many of us lived in a time BEFORE Madonna sampled ABBA.

I don't see it as a creative high watermark, but it - quite clearly - slaps. Although I do believe the sample does most of the work (how could you go wrong with something that good?)
The production does slap but it’s also very recycled at the moment. Every other edm producer using this style. That coupled with the anonymous vox just made me think why bother when the original is so iconique.

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! is obviously the better song. The drama of it all is something else.

But Hung Up gives you the buss-tearing BPM, if you need it to go a little faster.

That being said, Cher's version of the original gives you the right balance of both.

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! is obviously the better song. The drama of it all is something else.

But Hung Up gives you the buss-tearing BPM, if you need it to go a little faster.

That being said, Cher's version of the original gives you the right balance of both.
I have so much sympathy for your buss.

This is not by ANY MEANS one of my fave Madonna singles, but its still a 10/10 in terms of the idea, the package, the era, an the track, even though it's not a personal FAVE.

Which EVIL CUNT gave this a SIX?!

This was exactly the right thing for her to be doing at the time and was one of those songs that went beyond the established fan base.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom