Madonna is writing her biopic (CANCELLED)

What we have learnt thus far from her insta:

• The timeline currently goes from the late '70s early NYC days and all the way up to Evita.
  • Basquiat, Borgoyne, Haring, Warhol, etc. will all be featured.
  • Her sister Paula is a character in the film.
  • Madonna will not play herself.
  • It is not a musical but her music will be featured.
  • It will be a 2hr film although it could also be a TV series.

Discuss.

Or not.

Last edited:
I think there's way too much to pack into a 2 hour film. I still reckon that without a death, addiction or major tragedy, it's going to be tough to make it particularly interesting to non-fans. A TV series would be a far more interesting way to do it, but it looks like Cody is adamant that she was hired to write a movie.

My main fear really is that not enough people would be interested in watching it. Queen and Elton John are national(and global) treasures, whereas Madonna has let her stock fall badly over the past 15 years. I just can't see it finding a big enough audience to ever get made.

Last edited:
I prefer when the subject of the biopic isn’t writing it. I don’t expect Madonna to sanitize her story but it will definitely be what she wants to tell.

I think there's way too much to pack into a 2 hour film. I still reckon that without a death, addiction or major tragedy, it's going to be tough to make it particularly interesting to non-fans. A TV series would be a far more interesting way to do it, but it looks like Cody is adamant that she was hired to write a movie.

My main fear really is that not enough people would be interested in watching it. Queen and Elton John are national(and global) treasures, whereas Madonna has let her stock fall badly over the past 15 years. I just can't see it finding a big enough audience to ever get made.

A TV series for each decade would open up so many possibilities, not least for featuring other famous people (in her way :D)

Why stop at Evita when you have the glorious era of RoL right afterwards?

I think either stop at Like a Virgin and cover the beginnings properly (which is probably the most interesting bit) or go all the way up to I don't know, Eurovision :eyes:

Madonna PROBABLY thinks Evita is her CROWNING MOMENT, so go out on a high.

For me it's just where she got started :disco:

High flying adored, what happens now, where do you go from here? For someone on top of the world, the view is not exactly clear
I think (hope) that if it ends around the Evita era the emphasis will be more on the birth of Lola and Madonna's own spiritual 'rebirth' (:eyes: ) rather than Fascist Peron!

Last edited:
I hope a TV series would have episodes with such titles as "Madge gets her own Oprah episode", "Madge faces the critics" and "Madge tries to get yesterday back" etc.

I'm surprised she hasn't groomed Lola for the role. I wonder if during promo she'll out do the painful to watch body language she had with her W.E actors when they were sole guests on Graham Norton.

Who the fuck is letting her direct?

Let’s hope they announce Scorsese or Spielberg as assistant directors, or else... :confused:

At worst, we’ll be treated to possibly the worst biopic of all-time, which should bring decades of hilarity and enjoyment!

Obviously not official, but he’s a well known writer and critic so it’s probably a discussion that’s happening

I KNOW BABE I WAS CHANNELING CHER TO MAKE A POINT THAT SHE'S A FUCKING NOBODY.

To play Madonna you need to get someone ROUGH but with STAR QUALITY APLENTY, not some TV ACTRESS.

What does Cher have to do with Madonna?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom