Madonna + Maluma 'Medellin'

oh wow, that was a hard watch. the saloon must be my least favourite venue on principle but i guess it suits her transformation into madame edith.
maluma cluelessly fumbling nearby and propping her sex appeal was an added delight.

this is probably the third time i'm hearing the song. it gets worse everytime.

Is it number one everywhere yet?

And how has the performance been received? The miming didn’t sit right with me in 2019, I must say...

Is it number one everywhere yet?

And how has the performance been received? The miming didn’t sit right with me in 2019, I must say...
I think we all know a live vocal would have been DISASTROUS for this campaign so I won't complain about THAT

I think we all know a live vocal would have been DISASTROUS for this campaign so I won't complain about THAT

Would it? She was singing live on the Rebel Heart tour and was fine. There’s no evidence at all that would be the case...

From the audience footage you can hear her singing over the backing track mainly the verses same with Maluma who really needs to pop his shirt off

She pulled off a decent Ghost Town performance on Jonathan Ross, didn't she? And I'd say that's the sort of song where she'd be more exposed potentially.

She pulled off a decent Ghost Town performance on Jonathan Ross, didn't she? And I'd say that's the sort of song where she'd be more exposed potentially.
But that’s a safer studio audience performance environment and she actually performed twice if not even three times and they chose the best take. Not the same as a big live performance where there’s a lot more nerves and room for error.

But that’s a safer studio audience performance environment and she actually performed twice if not even three times and they chose the best take. Not the same as a big live performance where there’s a lot more nerves and room for error.

Which she did on stage every night for months without any major issues whilst still having an obviously limited voice and, when it came to the likes of "La Vie En Rose", actually being fairly impressive (relatively).

I've never really understood why she actually does the "CROX"- yes, she's sounded like that since MDNA and yes there's loads of autotune on "Medellin", but "Masterpiece" showed she doesn't actually need to...

Don’t even get me started on Ghosttown being omitted from the last tour

so I bet that’s the stage set up for the next tour . Lovely

I think the 'CROX' thing is a choice most of the time. I personally would file it under the 'CHOICES.' category (see also: Open Your Heart performance at the Grammys with the group gay wedding thing; the grillz; Drake Coachella performance; heavily autotuning her vocals etc.) Obviously sometimes it's poor technique but a lot of the time I think she actually chooses to sing that way.

As for the heavy backing tracks in this performance, I kind of understand why she did it. It's the first unveiling of a brand new song after she's been away for a long time. It's live television, and last time she did something this big, something went hugely wrong. So I guess she wanted to play it a bit safe. Her mic was on anyway and she was singing off and on throughout the song.

I also don't think it's fair to compare one-off live performances at award shows when she's coming off a period of quietude to when she's on tour as she clearly gets her vocal coaching in check before she goes on tour as part of the long rehearsal process. And don't forget that a lot of the time when she sounds great on tour is when she's sat down and concentrating on the vocals not when she's running around on stage doing choreography ....

Last edited:
Good performance. The visuals were stunning and she was good. She looked her most comfortable going through the audience :disco:

and yes, an awards show performance, coming off the back of 'the fall' she always had to play it a bit safe. It reminded me of the Living for Love Grammys performance before The Brits. GOOD, and by god she's 60. girl did good.

I will just say..new hair needed

I mean she’s got enough wigs to rival Moira Rose ...

Although I like the Alexis Colby accordion one

This is a good interview (I’m sure there will be the usual “oh she’s such a cunt” from the peanut gallery )

She gets asked about the tour and Gets asked if she would do “Rescue Me” “I’ll Remember” and “This used to be my playground “

this Offer Nissim remix is serving all the camptastic espionage feels

let's face it, Madge hasn't had any decent remixes since Richard Vission left her

(edit: I did like some Jacques Lu Cont remixes tbh)

None of her remixes have done anything for me since "Hollywood" and even before then it's been PATCHY since the close of the Bedtime Stories era.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom