MADONNA REWATCH PARTY #2: The Girlie Show Tour - 8PM Friday 17 April (20:00 BST)

Aren’t we doing A SONG FOR EUROPE tonight? I stayed relatively sober in anticipation.

Michelle Visage says Swept Away is one of her favourite films EVER
That's a.... CHOICE.

I think Madonna's performance in it is nowhere near as bad as the reviews made it out to be (particularly the second half) but by GOD it's an awful film and she looks dreadful. Guy Ritchie must have really hated her..

OH! I didn't realise we were doing EUROVISION! BOOOOO!

Anyway, that was FUN. HAPPY DRINKING LOVES.

That's a.... CHOICE.

I think Madonna's performance in it is nowhere near as bad as the reviews made it out to be (particularly the second half) but by GOD it's an awful film and she looks dreadful. Guy Ritchie must have really hated her..

Her hand movements are very 'HA! HA! I'M ACTING!'

:D! at me leaping STRAIGHT ON MY SHIT AFTER THIS without even intending to beforehand

Oh LOVES, I'm so HEARTILY SORRY for having offended thee, and I do detest ALL MY SINS :(

Last edited:
Madge was such a gym rat on this one, I'm surprised she didn't have hairs on her chest. The highs are mega, but overall it's in the trail of tour that set her myth ablaze, and this is such a different Madonna we're seeing here. Still on the 9.5 though.

And it goes - SOMETHING LIKE THIS :disco:

That's a.... CHOICE.

He was such a cad. I remember being angry at him laughing at Cyndi Lauper's husband who is in the film on the commentary - because he's married to Cyndi Lauper. I even blame him for her looking like Camilla Parker Bowles' older sister on the next tour.

Right, are we doing #3 this Friday?

Because if not, I'm going to start a Kylie one.

Right, are we doing #3 this Friday?

Because if not, I'm going to start a Kylie one.
I'm happy either way.

Why don't we go for Kylie this Friday and we can come back to Madge next week? Or we can go with consensus opinion..

I think Friday night is concert night. I'm happy with either. If Miss Bev is JUICED UP for Confessions I say let's go for that. Nobody was expecting Kylie yet, I don't think.

Feel the FEVER :disco:

Let's go for FeverTour2001 next week then.

I shall RAMP UP the Confessions ELEGANZA for tomorrow...

I'm off to the countryside tomorrow so no disco dalliance for me. but it's one of the best shows I've ever been to :disco: she even came to my shitty hometown, can't imagine I would have seen it if she hadn't :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom