Madonna singles on digital

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
She currently has just six of her singles before Hung Up on streaming: Music, Human Nature, Secret, Erotica, Hanky Panky and Vogue.

They've all appeared in the last 6 months, they appear random in terms of song choice and when they appear. Anyone know more about why this is happening and if it's continuing?

Also a place to keep a track of any updates. Someone somewhere must know there's demand for them.

Reactions: RJN
All of her albums appear to be available for American streaming.

It has to be an intentional choice. She is very famous and surely a good amount of money could be made from her music streaming

lol at Hanky Panky being one of them

She currently has just six of her singles before Hung Up on streaming: Music, Human Nature, Secret, Erotica, Hanky Panky and Vogue.

They've all appeared in the last 6 months, they appear random in terms of song choice and when they appear. Anyone know more about why this is happening and if it's continuing?

Also a place to keep a track of any updates. Someone somewhere must know there's demand for them.
I'm not sure what's going on either but it's some kind of (late) attempt from her team to tidy up her online presence. Her youtube channel is also getting organised and I think HD versions of the videos will soon be uploaded.

The maxi singles that have been uploaded were all around the time of 'anniversaries' so I expect more will be coming..

It's probably in preparation for the biopic ...

@Suedey, I may have known this nearly three decades ago, but is the sample used in the hip hop mix of JML also in Waiting? Andre Betts is responsible for both.

I wonder if they’ll ever get to Gambler, given that it’s her only major release not to be available online at all?
It's a label issue because the Vision Quest soundtrack as released on Geffen and not on Warner.

But we need it out there definitely. It's also one of the very few singles in the canon written SOLELY (paging @Halli ) by her...

So what makes Crazy For You any different from Gambler then?
Well, 'Crazy for You' was included on The Immaculate Collection and was subsequently reissued in 1991 under Warner, so I think some kind of rights deal with Geffen must have been agreed upon then. It's also on Something To Remember.

'Gambler' has never appeared on any Madonna album. Even the single B-side was another Geffen song from the soundtrack.

Good job I bought the old Japanese import CD in HMV back in the day then.
Well done - I don't actually have that. I have the 12" and 7" singles as well as the Vision Quest soundtrack on CD.

I would like the Japanese CD singles box set at some point but it goes for stupid prices on Discogs..

Well done - I don't actually have that. I have the 12" and 7" singles as well as the Vision Quest soundtrack on CD.

I would like the Japanese CD singles box set at some point but it goes for stupid prices on Discogs..
Oh, actually I think it was just that La Isla Bonita EP with Gambler on it which isn't rare, plus the 7" and Vision Quest. It was always one of my favs of hers.

Oh, actually I think it was just that La Isla Bonita EP with Gambler on it which isn't rare, plus the 7" and Vision Quest. It was always one of my favs of hers.
Right you are - it's the 'La Isla Bonita' Super Mix. I've also got that.

I wonder if they’ll ever get to Gambler, given that it’s her only major release not to be available online at all?
Hot GAMBLER update: the Vision Quest soundtrack is now available on AppleMusic.

Reactions: VoR
All of her albums appear to be available for American streaming.

It has to be an intentional choice. She is very famous and surely a good amount of money could be made from her music streaming

lol at Hanky Panky being one of them

Well this was a STUPID post

is I'm Going To Tell You A Secret gone from streaming everywhere, or just Germany? :evil:

I fucking love that album. Mother & Father, American Life, Like a Prayer, Music, Into the Groove - all amazing. it's probably my most used and abused live album (maybe second to Confessions).

so, DISAGREE!

I fucking love that album. Mother & Father, American Life, Like a Prayer, Music, Into the Groove - all amazing. it's probably my most used and abused live album (maybe second to Confessions).

so, DISAGREE!
Well I'm glad someone likes it!

I have to say most of her 'live' albums have been largely rubbish because, well, a DVD rip does not a live album make.

The Girlie Show was the one tour that was begging for a proper live album (and she even considered it at the time).

This is painful. Someone let her know that NOONE IS ENJOYING THIS.

"Like a Prayer" remixes added this week. "Frozen" is coming next week, and "Bedtime Story" the week after!

A lot of her remixes are shite.

The only remix of Frozen I enjoy is this hot trash Almighty cover

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom