Madonna's performance of Ray of Light on Oprah

Santa Suedey

2000 Mung Beans
I don't know if I believe that. Because if that were the case she could have used the same AutoTune effect for the disastrous VMAs performance the next year which she clearly did not.

I think this is a mix of live and taped to be honest, with some reverb effects etc. but not strictly speaking AutoTune. I mean I dunno.

Xm22zN.gif

vespergreen🎄

God damn it Claude
I fucking love it and the audience is INTO it. Even that banshee scream towards the end works.

I have a big soft spot for the lovely (if a tad mawkish) performance of "Little Star" that comes a little later on, which I've sung to my imaginary newborn many a time, @Suedey I know you've done the same.

GALA

rebel heart
I adore Little Star. Lola got by far the best embarrassing mom tribute song that's for sure.

Ray of Light was such a bubble in time. It was like Madge had given up thinking she was up there with Princess Di and had moved on to Ghandi. And by 10 years had completely regressed to being worse than before.

I'm choosing to believe this performance is all real as she's comfortable and only Oprah having sweat patches as she serves us that life-affirming gif could have made her any less threatened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom