Malta 2019: Michela - Chameleon

Yeah this is great! I wouldn't say it is similar to Fuego at all apart from the drop, but then so many songs have that now, it's the 2019 version of the double chorus that Max Martin songs had in the early 00s.

I'd say it's more similar to Margaret. I think this should see them back in the final - she has a great voice.

Love it! Could see them back in the top 10 I think.

The ‘Chameleon’ hook doesn’t really work for me but the rest of it is very good. And given they used X Factor to select her, I’m very impressed that they’ve come up with something like this and not another dull ballad. Really hope it pays off for them.

This is very good. I'm not putting it on my EURO FAVES 2019 playlist but they'll do well with this.

I really hope she can sell it onstage. The video worryingly sort of shoots around her, if that makes sense. Lots of fast cuts, no choreo.

She is a brilliant singer but all her the songs she sang on X Factor were ballads. I have a feeling she will be rather stiff onstage. My favourites are always hot messes - Samra, Jana Burčeska and Eye Cue to namne a few so I don't have high hopes.

Is this not on spotify? Because I've ONLY JUST heard it and only because I actually went looking for it on youtube. This is very 'current', not that I mind that.

Even though this does rather bring to mind laughable dead loss and lumpen Euroflop Margaret who I expect is now back selling eggs and stamps out of the back of her Fiat, I do declare this to be the best Maltese entry since ‘Vodka’ :disco:

Whilst not being nearly as good as ‘Vodka’ OBVIOUSLY

Also, I do detect the slight stench of potential ON STAGE MESS

They're clearly throwing LOADS of money at this, from the expensive producers, slick video and tons of YouTube advertising, so I think they are gonna make a huge effort stage wise. With her being the first ever winner of X Factor Malta, which was absolutely HUGE, they want to do as well as possible.

I think it's all gonna come down to her personality. I don't know if she has any.

Even though this does rather bring to mind laughable dead loss and lumpen Euroflop Margaret who I expect is now back selling eggs and stamps out of the back of her Fiat, I do declare this to be the best Maltese entry since ‘Vodka’ :disco:
Cool Me Down is EVERYTHING :disco:

6/10 :tongueout:

It’s mainly HER I don’t like. Doesn’t really want to go to Eurovision but insists on repeatedly turning up at MF! I wouldn’t mind - I’m well over THAT shitshow - but I bet she’s not looking after her hens properly :(

6/10 :tongueout:

It’s mainly HER I don’t like. Doesn’t really want to go to Eurovision but insists on repeatedly turning up at MF! I wouldn’t mind - I’m well over THAT shitshow - but I bet she’s not looking after her hens properly :(

I don't think she has much of a choice about MF. Her record company will have forced her to do it. She didn't really give a FUCK this year

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom