Malta 2021: Destiny - Je Me Casse

It’s the COLOUR of the dress more than anything!

I hope she keeps the dress now, it'd look like an admission of defeat if she changed it.

Honestly this is all likely to work in her favour anyway. The backlash to the backlash is keeping her in the headlines.

What’s the controversy? Just that it looks like one of Latrice Royale’s dance outfits?

it looks alright

Acknowledging my relatively male privilege, I would have hoped that the metoo, female empowerment, big and proud card in Eurovision ended with Toy and Netta.

Acknowledging my relatively male privilege, I would have hoped that the metoo, female empowerment, big and proud card in Eurovision ended with Toy and Netta.

I don't think the lyrics ever make much difference in these things. Maybe for the juries.

People are just going to hear a fun bop, and vote or not. Netta won because it was the catchy chicken song

Watching this last night, I was prepared to accept the "BABY IT'S NOT A MAYBE..." section as a bit of a chorus substitute and stop moaning about it but then the stupid hand dance/gurning into the camera happened and it turned me right off it all again

So this is the one song I really really hope doesn't win :D (Good news for its fans etc etc :eyes:)

I thought she was really quite nervous, too. There were a couple of moments when her vocals just were not quite as in control as I would have liked it for her. Nothing major and nothing that took away massively from the performance - but it she was coming in just a few % short of what I actually think she's capable of.

That was a great moment of justice for a really annoying song and a mediocre performance.

• Love
Reactions: dUb
This one grew and grew on me and became an obsession towards the end, but it would still have been better with a chorus and with dropping the hand wavy thing (which seemed to instantly alienate the people I was watching with).

I really think the main problem this had is that I'm the exact sort of person in the audience this was targeted at who was supposed to have wanted to vote for this as a priority, and a lot of years I might have done, but there was just an embarrassment of riches this year and it got drowned out.

I have a lot of time for her and for the song - but this just never clicked 100% in the performance and I felt like she was OVERCOME with nerves. A little better in the finals but still. It's unfortunate, her coming in as the favourite and the way things developed in Rotterdam probably didn't help either.

Given she came 2nd in the semi final televote, I also have a lot of sympathy for the view she might have at least got north of 100 televoting points if she'd been drawn second half and the producers put her in the closing stretch.

She‘s just been TEASED as appearing on the latest episode of Below Deck Mediterranean :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom