Malta 2021: Destiny - Je Me Casse

LOVE IT! Come on Malta, get that well overdue win.

Yeah, this is brilliant. That’s - what- a quarter of this year’s songs that are female-led bangers? I worry that’s going to be a massive hindrance to any of them vying for the win.

I’m reading all this leading to a Malta vs San Marino vs Iceland showdown and starting to feel like we are in a gay fanfic fantasy land

I don't especially like it, but it's definitely very competitive and she's got the CHOPS to really deliver on the night(s)

This "OMG a fat woman with a powerful voice, gay coma!" is not for me, I need a good song, sorry. And this is just "ok" IMO.

A good message, a very strong pre-chorus and I LOVE Destiny but when the drop comes in with her singing 'je me casse'...eek

Good fun but overall not quite there for me and I'm sad because I'd love so much for Destiny to become a JESC AND ESC winner

Reactions: D5K
Last one dependent on what Belarus are up to. It's the last one that had any chance at all of being good.

Oh I forgot Belarus.

But let’s be real, for all intents and purposes we’ve heard them all.

Reactions: dUb
I fucking hated last year’s entry. This one’s a bit better, but it’s safe to say it won’t trouble the DC top 10.

Narrowing up fast. This should be officially installed as the favourite before the night is through.

This is brilliant but certainly not the definite winning song I don’t think, will still definitely be UP THERE in May without a doubt.

It’s a bit Toy Mk. 2 lyrically but I like the “je me casse” and trumpet bits and generally don’t MIND it

A good message, a very strong pre-chorus and I LOVE Destiny but when the drop comes in with her singing 'je me casse'...eek
Yep that's it for me. Without the non-chorus it would probably be my favourite of the year, but the trumpet bit spoils it for me.

Everyone has a right to their own opinions, but between this being compared to Electro Velvet and Tusse's song being compared to LUCIE JONES, I'm really starting to wonder if the lockdown has done a number on some Moopers' ears...

I decided to sample Eurovision this year, well one song (which is still a sample), and this was it. It sounds and looks like a million other songs I’ve heard in the pre scoring recaps over the years. It’s also a kind of reductive tick box exercise in what should please gays too. It’s a no from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom