Malta 2021: Destiny - Je Me Casse

I decided to sample Eurovision this year, well one song (which is still a sample), and this was it. It sounds and looks like a million other songs I’ve heard in the pre scoring recaps over the years. It’s also a kind of reductive tick box exercise in what should please gays too. It’s a no from me.

this boy is NOT for sale :disco:

:rolleyes: Iceland DID come into this as the one to watch out for (with Little Big out of the way). Are you honestly saying people wouldn’t have been happy with Iceland winning?

I’m not saying everyone is behind Dadi but I think Reykjavik 2022 is exciting for the gays

I don’t really know what the gay narrative is this time. It seems to be just shouting each other down :D maybe that’s business as usual

I LOVE THIS SONG AND I CANT FUCKING BELIEVE YOU DONT TOO

I HATE THIS SONG AND I CANT FUCKING BELIEVE YOU DONT TOO

IM INDIFFERENT TO THIS SONG BUT IM ANGRY TOO FOR SOME REASON

then there’s @OutSynk giving everything NOOTCH :D

Does @OutSynk like ANYTHING other than Verona?!
Well it might seem so to you considering the fact that you're forever stuck in the purgatory known as the Eurovision forum.
HTB3.gif

Also Malta LOVE a bribe, so I'd have them as favourites to win the jury vote at this point.

I could so easily see this as the jury winner but I don't think my heart could take it, waiting to see if there's another "Malta, you received.....20 points" on the way to spoil the party at the end :(

I feel like the final 45 seconds of this could be a total moment if they get it right, and we KNOW Destiny is a charismatic and capable performer too.

I did like All My Love last year, but it was perhaps a bit OLD MAIDEN for somebody so young. This feels a lot more age-adjacent although the lack of memorable chorus could do them in in the end.

I wonder if Malta do FINALLY win after decades of trying so hard they'll just GIVE UP completely post :D It must be an expensive yearly venture for them to constantly LOSE!

I just wish this was on Spotify already. Why is it taking so long again?

Just listened to this again hoping for a real moment; the pre-chorus bit is one of the strongest parts of all of this year's songs, but then I re-experienced the disappointment of the trumpet non-chorus and her flippy flappy hand dancing. I still love the song but am frustrated about how with a few tweaks this could have been incredible.

I think it’s out next week at some point.

Last edited:
I decided to sample Eurovision this year, well one song (which is still a sample), and this was it. It sounds and looks like a million other songs I’ve heard in the pre scoring recaps over the years. It’s also a kind of reductive tick box exercise in what should please gays too. It’s a no from me.

sorry but what the hell was this drive-by shooting

Oh FINE I’ll stop with the DC jokes even though he’s completely fine with it and it’s not like he finds me attractive or anything hence the jokes and it’s not as if anyone else ever declares their attraction for other posters. HEAVEN FORBID!

1 ) Italy: Måneskin - ZITTI E BUONI 10,759,202
2 ) Sweden: Tusse - Voices 5,553,864
3 ) Finland: Blind Channel - Dark Side 3,727,855
4 ) Norway: TIX - Fallen Angel 2,980,206
5 ) France: Barbara Pravi - Voila 2,093,995
6 ) Lithuania: The Roop - Discoteque 1,416,470
7 ) Denmark: Fyr & Flamme - Øve Os På Hinanden 1,124,431
8 ) Cyprus: Elena Tsagrinou - El Diablo 1,064,925
9 ) Ukraine: Go_A - Shum 943,798
10 ) Spain: Blas Canto - Voy A Quedarme 729,126
11 ) Israel: Eden Alene - Set Me Free 585,094
12 ) Germany: Jendrik Sigwart - I Don't Feel Hate 562,156
13 ) Netherlands: Jeangu Macrooy - Birth Of A New Age 506,175
14 ) San Marino: Senhit - Adrenalina 500,302
15 ) Switzerland: Gjon’s Tears - Tout L’univers 484,965
16 ) Romania: Roxen - Amnesia 473,328
17 ) Belgium: Hooverphonic - The Wrong Place 453,862
18 ) Ireland: Lesley Roy - Maps 430,787
19 ) Iceland: Daði Freyr - 10 Years 411,901
20 ) Croatia: Albina - Tick Tock 400,470
21 ) Australia: Montaigne - Technicolour 397,238
22 ) Czech Republic: Benny Cristo - Omaga 394,587
23 ) Moldova: Natalia Gordienko - Sugar 329,255
24 ) Greece: Stefania - Last Dance 327,837
25 ) United Kingdom: James Newman - Embers 306,538
26 ) Serbia: Hurricane - Loco Loco 261,835
27 ) Estonia: Uku Suviste - The Lucky One 256,666
28 ) Bulgaria: Victoria - Growing Up Is Growing Old 204,466
29 ) Portugal: The Black Mamba - Love Is On My Mind 151,757
30 ) Latvia: Samantha Tina - The Moon Is Rising 135,668
31 ) Azerbaijan: Efendi - Mati Hari 116,620
32 ) Austria: Vincent Bueno - Amen 102,022
33 ) Albania: Anxhela Peristeri - Karma 95,792
34 ) Slovenia: Ana Soklič - Amen 68,807
35 ) Poland: Rafał Brzozowski - The Ride 54,462
36 ) North Macedonia: Vasil - Here I Stand 54,215
37 ) Georgia: Tornike Kipiani - You 24,387

It was a quick and dirty look up. No stats for Russia, obvs excluded Belarus.

Interesting to see all that, thanks! How many of those Shum streams are from when it was a different song though :side-eye:

Oh FINE I’ll stop with the DC jokes even though he’s completely fine with it and it’s not like he finds me attractive or anything hence the jokes and it’s not as if anyone else ever declares their attraction for other posters. HEAVEN FORBID!
And HEAVEN FORBID we RUTHLESSLY RIP THE SHIT OUT OF YOU FOR IT! :disco:

First thoughts on that list are Denmark are doing surprisingly well, and Bulgaria is doing TERRIBLE!

I know they were late on, but I'd have thought Iceland would have gone straight to the top of the streams instead of languishing behind in 19th! And that's despite being in first and second position on the main two Spotify playlists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom