Malta 2022: Emma Muscat - I Am What I Am

This song just feels SO ILL FITTING for Emma Muscat - it feels a bit patronising to be told I AM WHAT I AM from a rich, relatively successful, beautiful white woman, seemingly with NO PROBLEMS in her life :D

Maybe she should have kept Out Of Sight. It was such a HORRIBLE DIRGE perhaps it was borderline art piece.

Reactions: VoR
It's really so frustrating that even when they land an artist with money and major label support, Malta still default to jobbing Eurovision songwriters instead of letting Emma compete with the kind of stuff she's actually known for.

Something like this would have been SO WELCOME this year!

I said the same thing off-moopy yesterday! It actually feels like it would have been a much better fit for Destiny.

I thought the same re Destiny! Although Destiny's All My Love was a MUCH better riff on a similar sort of theme.

This song choice, genre and singer just feels a bit...uncomfortable.

It's really so frustrating that even when they land an artist with money and major label support, Malta still default to jobbing Eurovision songwriters instead of letting Emma compete with the kind of stuff she's actually known for.

Something like this would have been SO WELCOME this year!

I think a revamped version of something like that (minus the male parts) would have catapulted Malta into the top 5 of the odds tbh :D

Why does she look like someone just walked in on her on the toilet?
Moodboard for the performance
37ADC88F-C897-4EFF-A881-9B7F722E2D09.jpeg

I’m increasingly agog at how insipid this is. It’s sad that Malta, which so desperately and nakedly wants to win, presents an entry this lame. It sounds like a song the BBC delegation would hear and think was a really good idea.
They don't try especially hard, though. (Apart from Vella & Borg bringing it on various occasions to the interest of few.) Also, nobody in their right mind wants the contest to be held in VALLETTA. The HORROR STORIES! :shock:

Can’t believe those SILLY MALTESE went for Emma over this :disco:

Ritmu is literally 1000x better than this. Malta should be SANCTIONED for the choices they made.

This remains foul through its sheer naffness. It is absolutely something the BBC would have salivated over pre-glow up.

I’d be on high alert for this to get 12 points from the Czech televote, if you know what I mean…

I would ordinarily be positively disposed to this kind of thing but it really is offensive

It was vapid as hell and...

that's it, that's the post.

No but really, the staging and her and everything was all well done, but the song was a bland TURD

Emma really is reminiscent of Popeye the Sailor Man in a number of ways. For example, she also lives in a caravan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom