Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
Just one of *the* most fabulous voices of all time, no?

Also, you have to respect the fact that she was handed this horribly mean-spirited song by her infamously jealous bandmate John Phillips, and her response was "Fuck you, I'll just sing it with such gusto that I'll OWN IT FOREVER" - QUEEN! :disco:

Yes Denny was sex on legs and also a fabulous singer. Poor Cass spent her entire life madly in unrequited love with him. :(

Some of my favourite lesser-known tracks

John Phillips was rather unpleasant to say the least. The dreamy junkie pop tunes were often pure bliss though. That Cass Elliott's voice supremely surpasses his vicious traps shows just how admirable a gift she had, and he clearly didn't know what to make of her.

Queen ❤️

To add to those already posted:

and this ultra poofy remix, released to promote the Beautiful Thing soundtrack :disco:

Fabulous voice and those classics (solo and with the group) are incredible. I've never looked beyond them though and had always assumed everything else was quite patchy.

Wasn’t John Phillips in a druggy incest rape relationship with his daughter?

His other daughter, married to Scientology rapist Danny Masterton defended him I seem to recall :eyes:

Yeah by most accounts John Phillips was an absolute piece of shit. Mackenzie and Chynna Phillips have both stated that he was abusive, but Bijou (the scientology one) has always claimed they were lying :side-eye:

She was a fantastic singer.

This is quite an interesting listen if you want to learn how she DIDN'T choke on a ham sandwich actually:

Reactions: VoR
Every fabulous personality deserves an urban myth, don't they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom