Maria McKee - Show Me Heaven

AND IT FEELS DIVINE

• Total voters
god he REALLY WAS

47768f3d433193521e4e2e2512f093cc.jpg

910700dac8e1803b88e8f9d92557a471.jpg

This was one of the first singles I bought with my own money :)

Did Maria have much else up her floral dress we should know about? It seems too big of a song not to have any others worth knowing.

Love this. Love her voice.

I know she's very respected in certain circles despite her lack of hits. I get the impression Show Me Heaven was a bit of a fluke, and not representative of her usual output at all.

She also had a song on the Pulp Fiction soundtrack which is very good.

Last edited:
How the hell did I do that? I wanted to hit 10. It’s amazing.

I love it.

Especially the second verse.

I'm not denyin'
I'm frightened as much as you
Though I'm barely touching you
I've shivers down my spine,
And it feels divine.

Very first time having sex.

And obviously it doesn't compare, but I like this version in a bouncy, more basic way:

I’m sorry but I’ve never been fussed on this. However, the song below that she wrote for Feargal Sharkey would get a 10 from me. The backing vox (not Maria) on it are lush.

I loved this when it came out but can't really bear it now. I think she did the "change a word, take a third" shuffle on it, so is probably set for life financially

I played her self titled album to death back in the day which is a decent place to start if you want more of the voice, though not more of the power ballads.

R-2585665-1536944821-9885.jpeg.jpg

The Tina Arena version always struck me as an odd choice for a UK single, with it being so similar and only 5 years after the original was a massive hit. It made sense to try and get a US hit with it as Maria’s version hadn’t done much (and Tina’s version arguably did a bit better - #3 on bubbling under while the original only made it to the AC chart)

I loved this when it came out but can't really bear it now. I think she did the "change a word, take a third" shuffle on it, so is probably set for life financially

I played her self titled album to death back in the day which is a decent place to start if you want more of the voice, though not more of the power ballads.

R-2585665-1536944821-9885.jpeg.jpg

Is that a Jark tattoo or her actual album?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom