Mariah’s Magical Christmas Special (Apple TV+)

dUb

EXCITING WEIRD
I saw a vicious rumour that the AG on the director’s chair might be AMY GRANT

@VoR to confirm

Reactions: SDF

SDF

We're all Angles in Chainz
When is this going to save the world?

mariahxmasspecial.png

Pipo

The devil's in the details
OH MY GOD GUYS I CAN'T BELIEVE IT

ARIANA IS GOING UPTEMPO AGAIN

Jark

we did it for fun, we did it for free
wait? there's an Ari guest verse on Oh Santa or they're recorded a new single?

dUb

EXCITING WEIRD
It never really got its moment, so this is a great idea. The three of them as a 60s girl group (I assume) doing OH SANTA??? ded

dUb

EXCITING WEIRD
I can already hear that trademark Ari MUMBLE on “ain’t the same without my baby come on old Kris Kringle save me” :santa::disco:

KindaCool

Qunt
I remember Oh Santa getting a pretty high score in our last Singles rate?

I think the public would enjoy it if it was given the star treatment.

Loufoque

BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE
That being said, I can imagine a lot of tasteless straights are going to be very "play the hits, we want AIWFCIY not new material"

Jark

Bish is not playing. She wants that twentieth #1. Sleigh.
:D

as if she has a shot.

the Mariah Christmas stanning by the geepee is about one song, not the concept of Mimi as a/the Christmas kween. Propelling a different song to the top 10 for one week might be possible with the right push if they've done a good job. but #1? girl.

dUb

EXCITING WEIRD

as if she has a shot.

the Mariah Christmas stanning by the geepee is about one song, not the concept of Mimi as a/the Christmas kween. Propelling a different song to the top 10 for one week might be possible with the right push if they've done a good job. but #1? girl.
Most things Ariana releases go straight to #1, no? It’s hardly out of the question!

Jark

Most things Ariana releases go straight to #1, no? It’s hardly out of the question!
yes she is a chart force but that won't be enough when it comes to a feature on a Christmas song that although fun is no classic.

as I said I can imagine it gaining enough traction to debut top 50 and maybe go top 10 closer to Christmas week.

Loufoque

BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE

as if she has a shot.

Petition to cancel this ho, who doesn't understand gay hyperbole despite being both gay and prone to hyperbole.

KindaCool

Qunt
I mean she's building her empire. This is a fantastic idea regardless of any chart position it may or may not reach.

Jark is just baiting.

Loufoque

BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE
dUb said:

Ignore her, she doesn't know how to stan.

Loufoque

BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE
Oh Mariah not Zane Lowe
UGH, listening to him fake-fawning over her artistry, when you know this cunt shat over her in the 90s. I hope Mariah makes it clear that he doesn't know her back cat.

Loufoque

BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE
I am still gooped that he had the audacity to tell Kylie her best song was Wow. I mean, what in the overweight straight white woman was that about?

Pipo

The devil's in the details
as I said I can imagine it gaining enough traction to debut top 50 and maybe go top 10 closer to Christmas week.

isn't that the point? make it top 10 in 2020 and #1 by 2023 (if we're all alive by then)

Frozen

I Play The Streetlife
Why Zane Lowe of all people? The guy who moaned about Beyoncé at Glastonbury. Unless he's done a deep dive into her back cat, it'll be shit. It's the musical equivalent of Trump doing a sit down with Jake Tapper.

dUb

EXCITING WEIRD
Part of the Apple connection innit.

Apple Music will have the album exclusively for a week, by the way :oi:

Loufoque

BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE
Now she's seen how little potential Ariana has to be anything other than a cute vocal, I think she feels a lot less threatened.

KindaCool

Qunt
I dunno. I have a feeling somebody had a really good talk with our Mimi and convinced her to collaborate with Ari.

Melissa has been a wonderful manager.

Beryl

Boy stop, step awaaaaay.
Will we get another We Belong Together/Shake It Off situation?

Loufoque

BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE
I have officially launched my Mariah Christmas season with a 1-2-3 punch of All I Want For Christmas Is You - When Christmas Comes - Auld Lang Syne (The New Year's Anthem).

Loufoque

BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE
Someone needs to start a campaign to get GTFO to #1 on the 31 December. Now that is the New Year's Anthem 2020 deserves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom