Mariah Carey ft Ms. Lauryn Hill - Save The Day

Unlikely Lauryn Hill Collaborations out of 10

• Total voters
The vocal sounds a bit odd in places but I do like it when it gets going!

It has its moments, I like the second half a lot

Yeah, that belt into a whistle moment is :disco:

There’s something a bit naff about it but it’s cute, and appropriate for the times. Getting a good reaction online too which is nice.

When was this recorded? Her voice is shot but I like it. I thought Lauryn Hill would be featured didn’t expect it to be just that sample that was a bit unnecessary and didn’t really fit in.

Fucking hell when this gets going it is marvellous :disco::disco::disco:

It's a recent re-record of an older song (2012 ish I think)

I've turned on it by the way. The vocal is annoying and Ms Lauryn's wailing in the background is starting to piss me off. :)

Last edited:
this song is just... there.

that's it.

I don't think I'll ever listen again. the la la laaa "middle 8" is actively unpleasant

Hold on, so recent re-record means this is her voice NOW? (And without, one presumes in COVID era, the ability to have all the production BELLS AND WHISTLES that she obviously gets thrown on her voice all the time...)

OH MY!

Having said that, there's a germ of a good song there. But that's probably more the "Killing Me Softly" sample than anything else...

She’s got a fucking recording studio in her house

But does she have the ability to do all that shit?

Let's face it, her production credits are probably about as MERITED as Madonna's.

(Paging Suedey...)

Surely she’s just been emailing it to Jermaine since the 90s! I don’t think you actually have to be there these days.

i really like it!

i just wish she did more harmonizing with Lauryn's whaling. she could have eaten those woaaahs!

I seem to have liked it more than the rest of you, which is strange cosidering it sounds a bit like an E=MC2 leftover

Husband’s review :D

“She sounds like Tina Turner”

“It sounds like two different song playing at the same time”

“SHE will never learn to BURN THE TAPES”

The chorus is ok on second listen but the Casio keyboard intro is dreadful and the way the sample has been used is so lazy. Oh well.

It's a cute little number. The chorus is really strong. I think she's used the sample well. But it could've been used more I think.

The vocal arrangement is a bit strange in some places and it ends up sounding a bit disjointed.

And what are you Queens expecting anyway? This project is a bunch of unreleased material :eyes:

It is clearly experimental, rough but quite frankly I'm living for the creativity

I'm living in the moment of being positive so I'm happy those who like it feel that way

56be897e4573750fe0b58f5ecae5744d.gif

I’m calling this a 10

I want a Fly Like A Bird at the Grammys esque perf to truly bring this to the next level (which we’ve established is 100)

Genuinely entering in to loon territory for this rifht about now :disco:

I am legit SLAYED from this moment on in the song:

One day, will we look UUUUUUUUUUUUUUP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom