Mariah Carey - GTFO

How 'bout you give it a

• Total voters

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him

This is one of the best songs of her career. Please @ me.

#Beautiful gets a lot of attention in terms of it being the song that deserved to do better, and it did, but GTFO's relative flopping is the one that really hurts for me. What an everlasting, beguiling delight. Stops me in my tracks every time I hear it. The production. The attitude. The use of her 2018 vocals in the best way possible. The production. I just love it all so much.

10/10

Yes. It is brilliant, and the thing I like about it most is that it didn’t feel like a rewrite of previous hits, it was and still is a very fresh sounding track.

8?! :shock:

spicevision voters remember this treachery

mariahcarey-mariah-carey-3ohs7He3UWSbzd7Fmg

Did @funky really give this a two?

You’re no longer allowed to be my birthday twin

Sorry gang

but Mariah just sounds like a two year old hearing her mum swear for the first time and has to repeat it unconvincingly for the next 4 minutes.

a 7. it's a nice vibe, but the song itself is underwritten/not that memorable/a bit clunky in the chorus.

With You, on the other hand... :disco:

Of course it's a 10 and in the context of the album it works even better and is pretty impactful as an intro to a record called CAUTION (Mariah Carey's best album since Butterfly).

bulldozed my heart as if you planned it... hits different. :(

100/10. a cultural reset. We Belong Together's underappreciated witty, emo little sister... it did spend 14 weeks at #1 on my Microsoft Word Hot 100 so who cares about actual charts?

on the other hand, the slander and disrespect in this thread is actually disgusting. i'm not sure how i will be meeting some of you in other threads. wow... just wow.

I don't know why I missed this thread, but I can only echo everything dUb said. The layering of the ad-libs at the end is sublime, and Mariah at her finest in terms of producing and vocal engineering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom