Mariah Carey - The Rarities OUT NOW

All I Live For is so rich, warm and creamy. It's a good Irish coffee, or a fresh facial. :disco: so of course it limped out NINTH in this forum's shitty survivor! Heathens!

Just to say I’ve surprised even myself by coming back to this album multiple times. I’ve kinda settled on my favourites now and they’ve been added to the funky car playlist which is usually only reserved for new music. Here We Go Around Again, Do You Think Of Me, Slipping Away and Mesmerized are my favourites, but I like One Night and a couple of others too, not to mention that Everything Fades Away and Close My Eyes remain long time faves

it’s also caused me to go back and revisit Mariah’s 90s cat. She’d become more of a choice cuts artist in recent years, just picking out the best of each album, but it’s easy to forget that I used to listen to the first 5 albums in full. It’s nice to hear them again.

My updated rank / rate
  1. Everything Fades Away (13)
  2. Loverboy (11)
  3. Out Here On My Own (10)
  4. Slipping Away (10)
  5. Mesmerized (9)
  6. One Night (9)
  7. Here We Go Around Again (8)
  8. Do You Think of Me? (8)
  9. Cool On You (8)
  10. Can You Hear Me? (7)
  11. All I Live For (7)
  12. Save The Day (7)
  13. Close My Eyes (7)
  14. Lullaby of Birdland (7)
  15. I Pray (5)
I gave The Rarities a spin 6+ months on this morning, and it remains sublime. I would quite happily take another album of outtakes if this is what she has flailing around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom