Mariah Deep Cuts

Loufoque

BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE
With so many to shake and cry over, I feel we need a thread "Dedicated" to the album tracks, B-sides and rarities that really make up the best work in Mariah's back catalogue.

I'll start with my latest obsession. I slept on this for years, but since #justiceforSlippingAway, I rediscovered this gem, which is somewhat of a sonic sibling. I would love to hear a version with an extended outro where the "you and me got a typical thing" gets layered with ad-libs for a minute or so.

I hope Mariah works with Babyface again on her next album.

Is this a good time to remind everyone that “Close My Eyes” from Butterfly is one of the best things she’s ever done?

Reactions: RJN
Melt Away and Petals are FINE choices.

I have always loved the title track from Music Box. I don't think I've seen many other lambs claim it as a favourite though.

Flop thread
I mean, what can I say when the two first choices were... not so deep.

That being said, Ms Logic? definitely has a point about Music Box, which is just lovely, but rather forgotten in the midst of Anytime You Need a Friend, Hero and Without You.

Is "Everything Fades Away" still a deep cut after the renaissance it has had this year?

I mean, she is in the sense that only semi-lambs and full lambs know her.

For the girls who like it real deep, I am obsessed with the Drifting Mix of Underneath the Stars, the Xscape mix of Always Be My Baby and the Smooth / No Rap Version of Honey.

as far as deep (remix) cuts, I've always been fond of this. sometimes I forget an album version exists!

I randomly stumbled across this song that Mariah and Narada Michael Walden wrote for her debut, which she ultimately binned; it later found its way to someone called Penny Ford. It sounds far too cheesy for Mariah, but her sonic imprint is all over it.

• Wow
Reactions: dUb
I also read that Head Over Heels was intended for Butterfly, but was cut from the tracklist. As much as I love it, it would have broken the flow of the album. She could have kept it for #1s though. It's sonically close to Sweetheart.

I love her cute little cameo at the end of the video.

• Love
Reactions: dUb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom