Mariah Misc 2020

apparently it's Tabitha Soren of MTV and she had a full on FEUD with Mariah's publicist Cindy for many years. you can kind of tell given that Mariah doesn't seem AT ALL surprised by any of the drama. how did that make it to air?! MTV were such STUNT QUEENS back in the day.

On the topic of Against All Odds, is the toned down version that Simon Cowell forced Mariah to put together still around anywhere? He apparently hated the Mariah-isms like Mark's ad lib on "Turn around and see me cry-y-y" which was replaced with a simpler vocal take. And then in the second chorus the Westlife "Taaaaaaake a loooooooooook mmmmmmmmmmmm" bit in the background was removed entirely if I remember rightly.

The version that's on streaming now is the original one that Simon didn't like. Does this make sense to anyone?!

did it ever make it onto a physical release? I've literally haven't heard that second version you're talking about :o Now I'm curious

would it be on a promo per chance? https://www.discogs.com/es/Mariah-Carey-Featuring-Westlife-Against-All-Odds/release/10826641
Hmmm not sure! It definitely replaced the audio on the music video at the time. I remember thinking how stupid it looked that visually Mark was doing the big ad lib on “cry” but the sound had been changed to a much shorter non-melismafied version. Either Simon or Mariah has talked about the conflict they had over it in an interview, or maybe a book of his...

I am actually now mildly obsessed with it as I can’t find it or a single reference to it anywhere :emoji_confounded:

I just need someone to tell me they remember it too... @Whatevar???

Personally I'm MORE than happy to acknowledge her using the group to scam her way to a UK #1 with a 50p video before promptly don't-know-her-ing them
She did get Mark to open for her Christmas show a couple years ago, so she’s not completely J-LOing them

Reactions: dUb
TRUE! She was like I'll take the talented one, the rest can choke

Allure having a moan about being left out of the book

"For years we've always taken the high road. When it came to our career. Dealt with people having their own opinions about what went down with us and Mariah. Hearing rumors that one of us assaulted her. People saying we were bitter. At the end of the day we have and will always feel strongly about principle. You had a label and we were your first act."

"We remember people always saying, 'You guys were like the wall paper at Crave.' We've always stayed quiet and been nice about everything although we didn't receive the same back. One thing that's sickening is being treated as if we never existed. How does anyone blatantly lie and totally disregard people who were a huge part of your life and your career."

"Between us and 7 Mile - that's all anyone ever talked about. Rest In Peace to Glynis. Never even cared to even see how we were after everything was said and done. We would have been ok with you never mentioning the label at all. We were close to you, like sisters, but to actually mention the label and completely disregard us and our accolades and what we brought to the table as your 'first artists' is a slap in the face."

https://www.mcarchives.com/index.asp?id=15438

"Accolades" ? They had one album that charted ONE-HUNDRED AND EIGHT. Sounds like sour grapes to me, she doesn't owe them anything.

In other news, she uploaded several TOTP videos to her YouTube page today. I have never seen the "Emotions" performance before. She sounds a bit run down by early 90s standards.

Yeah, she sounds tight and not at ease in that Emotions performance. I’ve never truly enjoyed a live performance of that song to be honest.

I saw that on Facebook the other day. Why the fuck are they acting like them and Mariah were best friends? The memoir is about HER. If they weren't in it, they weren't important to her. Simple.

Her new song with Busta Rhymes FINALLY LEAKED FROM HIS NEW ALBUM! And it's amazing. She sounds extra SLUTTY :disco:

It's not as good as IKWYW, but I mean WHAT IS?!

OMG KC where can I hear it apart from Spotify on release day

This guy @timriah on Twitter has been re-colouring the Caution artwork to GREAT effect

Ekn7E8jVcAApSCj

EkqiH6fUcAEdtSu

The aesthetic for that album... :disco::disco::disco:

Last edited:

Emancipation clear vinyl sold out already :emoji_sob:

that dodgy airbrush job they did on her face in the Caution cover shot :D mess

The CHEEK of them not including a link quite frankly

Apparently the Emancipation clear vinyl has been available to pre order since September! I did not know this.

It’s on her UK store though so I’ve just ordered it there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom