Mariah Misc 2020

I've not seen one of those hanging chairs since the 90s ("you know, when she used to be popular" etc). No doubt to show everyone how light and skinny she is by not breaking the ceiling.

Reactions: ZZ
Showbiz 411 (Friedman) is a bit bitter about it though

Mariah’s fans will inundate me today with Tweets and messages. They’re already writing in. But the facts are the facts. Many of her songs were sampled from other hits, including “Fantasy,” and “Emotions.” You can read all about it here. There were settlements for $1 million. And read about it here.

This doesn’t take away from Mariah’s voice, or her personality. But really, the Songwriters Hall of Fame has done itself a disservice. The fans who write to me and say Margulies or Afanasieff “only wrote” some songs are discounting the fact that those were the hits, and they don’t come anymore.

Mariah has no songs that she’s “written” by herself. Some of the songs– like “We Belong Together” — has a roll call of writers longer than a grocery list, including the late Bobby Womack who was sampled: Jermaine Dupri, Manuel Seal, Johntá Austin, Kenneth Edmonds, Darnell Bristol, Bobby Womack, Patrick Moten, Sandra Sully. Except for Bobby, will they all take the stage?

A fun for Vegas medley including I'm That Chick, Breakdown and what I believe is the first ever live perf of Say Somethin'

she did a medley of her LEGIT best songs and called it Just for Laughs :manson: BITCH!

This was kinda cute too

imgonline-com-ua-2to1-RN6l-Mj-KLGX60e.jpg

Reactions: dUb
Someone contact her dermatologist, that beauty spot is looking very prominent

Annoying isn’t it! I didn’t realise that it was never on Music Box in the US

longer version of rehearsals etc., her make-up artist holding the tiny fan throughout :D

how seriously she/they take it is honestly incredible :disco:

Honey (ginger and lemon tea)
Giving me Life (please)
Anytime You Need a Friend (I will NOT be there)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Love you Britney!!! ❤️❤️ And I&#39;ll be listening to Stronger as a moral booster! Thank you for this beautiful message <a href="https://t.co/qsusAPlaEX">https://t.co/qsusAPlaEX</a></p>&mdash; Mariah Carey (@MariahCarey) <a href="">March 28, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Queens stanning queens.

The idea of Mariah belting out Stronger (with 95 vocals obviously) gives me... a high temperature and a persistent cough.

Do you think Mariah actually likes Stronger? Or was it just the first search result when Mimi googled "songs unfortunately sung by Britney Spears"?

The guy in the middle had unfortunate red eye :(

The idea of Mariah belting out Stronger (with 95 vocals obviously) gives me... a high temperature and a persistent cough.

The SHADE of it all. Britney praising a whole album by Mariah while the latter....praises ONE 20.yo track.

I'm surprised Mariah's Britney track of choice isn't something from Blackout, seeing as she grabbed Danja for Migrate a few months later.

I think a lot of her vocal problems come from stage-fright and control-freakery. Obviously she can't serve those 95 vocals anymore, but when she's relaxed and comfortable, and able to adapt her arrangements, she still slays effortlessly.

I just love her so much (more than ever) since Caution. She has settled into being a legacy artist, not being afraid to leverage THAT back cat, all the while still quietly providing the die-hard lambs with a multiplicity of new sultry gems that we have been yearning for since The Roof.

Because unlike soooo many others, she LOVES to visit her older works because SHE created them. You never get the sense that she's 'above' her musical roots, despite the fact she hates so much of the circumstances they were formed under.

Also, the quality of her music is still solid till this day. Caution is easily in her top half for me. Unlike other aging artists, who based their careers around trends of the time.

I love how much she loves her back cat. That Genius Level interview she did during the Caution roll-out was sublime. She can recall the lyrics or the backgrounds to a B-side from 1993 with absolutely no difficulty.

And on the point that her current music doesn't feel trend-chasing, it's because a lot of current music trends are SHAPED by the work Mariah was doing between 97-05. The pop girl-rapper hybrids, the urbanization of pop music, the speed-rap-singing of Breakdown/We Belong Together.

Not to bring Marge into it, but while she pushed boundaries in terms of what it meant for a woman to be a popstar in terms of IMAGE, Mariah was quietly moving the cursor on her genre, and this has proven to endure much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom