Mariah Misc 2021

New album in 2021?

• Total voters
Upon investigation, it seems to be the latter! :o

edit: or maybe not?

Last edited:
I’m not sure waving guns and drugs around is a good look for her to be linked to right now.

She just did a little Twitter Spaces chat thing

- Mariah said she is working on her best work, comparing it to the "Butterfly" and "TEOM" albums, & that MC30 is not over.

The scream of her not being able to say Brandy has a great... voice, but a great... vibe.

The "Vocal Bible" indeed. I think I'm gonna pass on that one...

Must be the one from the Jam & Lewis album?!

not sure where to post this but Mariah was supposed to feature on a remix of Janft's You Ain't Right back in '02 :o

Some nonsense from The S*n:

CRAY-Z AT JAY-Z

Mariah Carey sensationally quits Jay-Z’s management company after huge fight between stars​

Mariah Carey has quit Jay-Z’s management companyCredit: PA
The pair erupted in a meeting about the future of Mariah’s career that sparked her decision to walk.
It comes three and a half years after she signed a deal to have her career managed by the firm that Jay-Z owns and runs.
A source close to the situation said: “Mariah and Jay had an explosive meeting which did not go well at all. She has made it clear she wants nothing more to do with him and has called it quits with Roc Nation.
“She will formally depart in the next few weeks.
“It is a shame because they had done some great work in the last few years. But this meeting couldn’t have gone much worse.

‘NEXT STEPS’​

“Mariah has been talking to other managers and thinks she has found someone who she feels has full belief in her as she takes her next steps.
“There is a heavily R&B- influenced album being finalised at the moment and she is planning a world tour for next year, so she isn’t letting this stand in her way.”
On the website, the singer has already been removed from the list of acts that are represented by the company. Mariah first signed with Roc Nation in November 2017 and since then has released her 30th anniversary album The Rarities as well as her New York Times bestselling memoir The Meaning of Mariah Carey.
She also secured a deal with Apple TV for a festive special and finally got to No1 in the UK with All I Want For Christmas, 26 years after it was released.
Next Friday she will feature on a new song called Somewhat Loved by Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis.
Roc Nation has helped Jay-Z become a billionaire in recent years, with other high-profile clients including Rihanna, Christina Aguilera, Megan Thee Stallion and Kelly Rowland. Here’s hoping they get on better with him than Mariah did.

Her most recent manager Melissa Ruderman left Roc Nation and Mariah followed.

I love that she's been posting the "The Palace now has a new Queen" clip from the memoir all over social media. The Aries energy where she stomps into the stadium, determined to prove some random jock from high-school wrong by announcing herself as the biggest star in the world, deploying that iconic whistle and effectively re-writing America The Beautiful, all the while in figure-hugging black ensemble.

More importantly why the fuck don’t we have a butterfly emoji?!

Her response to the VICIOUS PRESS

Last edited:
"You Got Me" is the peak of chintzy Mariah R&B :disco:

Lullaby and Boy still unbothered though.

You Got Me is the best of that bunch, though. Imagine if she’d come back with that after Glitter. Why waste a good Jay-Z track?!

The One is too pedestrian to be a single.

Dunno why she's only putting this out now :D

Am I really going to spend £45 on some ribbons and a plate? Sure 🤷‍♂️

• Wow
Reactions: dUb
Oh great, another album cycle swallowed up by Christmas bollocks

if an album appears at all o_O O_o o.O O.o

Not specifically no. But she's always said that she'll make music for as long as she can. When you're this talented and accomplished, it's like second nature.

When you're this talented and accomplished, it's like second nature.

SPEAKING OF.

My Twitter feed was full of clueless GEN Z'ers agog at Ariana doing some (amazing) vocal runs plus flawless whistle notes during her Hair performance praising her and calling her not human.
EXCUSE ME but have they even heard of Mariah? Makes my blood boil.

SPEAKING OF.

My Twitter feed was full of clueless GEN Z'ers agog at Ariana doing some (amazing) vocal runs plus flawless whistle notes during her Hair performance praising her and calling her not human.
EXCUSE ME but have they even heard of Mariah? Makes my blood boil.
It's because this generation is so starved of real talent. These poor stans have to settle for Ariana as their only vocal queen.

Screenshot_20210716-111956_Twitter.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom