Mariah Misc 2021

New album in 2021?

• Total voters

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
What are your expectations/aspirations for this coming year, lambs?

I think we'll get a new album :o:disco:

A new album would definitely be a good move to follow on from the autobiography, vinyl reissues and Christmas No. 1 triumph.

However, if and only if it's of a similar calibre to Caution caution CAUTIONNNN!!!!!!

I think she'll announce a new album 2021, but not necessarily release one.

I'd love her push Oh Santa more.

Well, well, well, if it’s not the number 2 lamb in the game trying to snatch back his crown by getting in there early with the unofficial Mariah Carey 2021 thread

I can’t at some of these queens

Officially worse than VoR :eyes:

Reactions: dUb
I want her and her team to continue uploading all of her remaining EPs onto Spotify. Poor love doesn't know they stopped with the Butterfly ones :(

Me. Well I want another Elusive Chanteuse.

Give her another take! Give her another take!

More big up miguel, meteorites and MJB singing out her high rise throwbacks a la Dedicated. Mariah on full Soul II Soul mode is always a moment. I honestly think she went there with Dream Lover too. Ans why not :disco:

Every lamb knows by now that NYE is not her thing, she suffers from Xmas burnout leaving her practically useless for a while and then she's back on her feet :disco:

Didn’t even ask for the first one tbh

I haven't listened yet but she's on Questlove's podcast and according to PJ criticises Caution, saying she wishes she'd had more time, not happy with the vocals, didn't like the instant grat track approach, etc. :(

The podcast was great! With Part 2 it's 3 hours overall, which is a proper DEEP DIVE :side-eye:

The host brought up the fact that Q-Tip worked on Honey first and was disappointed when his production wasn't used in the final version. It got a bit awkward during that bit

Also I'm not sure about the plan for Millie Bobby Brown to record/release some of the Chick material :england:

REALLY GOOD PODCAST(s) THOUGH!

Last edited:
Oh and they played a Chick track at the very end! Hermit I think it's called, not sure if we've heard it - she seems to be on lead vocals as well?

I was disappointed. Too much rehashing of the same old stories and needed some major editing to cut out all her rambling. The questions and comments from the hosts were so long winded and inarticulate. Not enough focus on the music!

Whatevar said:
I was disappointed. Too much rehashing of the same old stories and needed some major editing to cut out all her rambling. The questions and comments from the hosts were so long winded and inarticulate. Not enough focus on the music!
Agree. I am about 3/4 of the way through and it's not giving me life. We read the memoir dahling, we don't need to hear about those stories anymore.

Her comments about Caution are... concerning to me. Whoever was in charge clearly reined in her worst instincts to over-engineer everything and kept the unnecessary bloat (even if it is usually just water weight) to a minimum. We want more caution in the recording process, not less.

I'm tempted to do a refreshed MC Top 50.

I'm listening to the Heartbreaker Remix right now and Missy's parts just make me want to caress my breasts and roll around in a foam bath.
YES PLS

The problem being the sheer abundance of 16/10 moments in this back cat. I mean, how could you make a Top 10 without Prisoner, Petals, Looking In, Fly Like A Bird, Vanishing and yet need to fit in the #1s and the entire Butterfly album?

God, I just put Prisoner on, and I wondered how long it would take me to start doing a full lipsynch and frankly it was straight away. I nailed the rap, as usual.

Reactions: dUb
That interview is so long. When does she talk about Caution? That sounds like the only thing worth listening to

I found it a TREAT just to listen to her have a conversation for several hours, but that may just be me

I think I noted the Caution bits are around the 39 minute mark of Part 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom