• I don't know her

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
DISCUSS!

I remember its MUCH FETED release on Facebook (!) followed by the unforgettable post by Mariah, posted from the bathroom floor she was sitting on, devastated that the sound engineer had pressed space bar on the wrong file, meaning an unfinished version was initially released! Did anyone ever notice any difference? :D

I really don't like it but SOME QUEENS swear by it. To me, it's an overly wordy, rambling, stream of consciousness thing that just doesn't work.

However the version she did at Jimmy Fallon where she made it all up on the spot is excellent

What do you think? Please vote on this Mariah Moment™

the WORST bit of this non-song, and the moment it lost me, was "got a bundle of your possessions... outside the kitchen window right now..." SO MESSY musically

"it's just EXCEEDINGLY HURTFUL" is another low point :goodgrief:

Glad you like it though Whatevs x

@dUb babe you need to listen to some choice Alanis cuts if you think THIS is stream of consciousness. Have you heard of The Couch?

I don’t get your problem AT ALL :D

maybe you’re just a simple (basic) bitch who needs predictable rhythmical lyrics?

Reactions: dUb
It's just so clunky to my ears. Doesn't flow. Her thesaurus let her down on this one

Sniffles agrees with me

This is one of her better songs for me though occasionally it feels like it needs a little injection of something within the first half but overall very good.

This album had some of the worst vocals in her career. But The AoLG is still pretty solid.

But HEAVENS this era was a nightmare. Jermaine Dupri pretending to be a manager and releasing this song via FACEBOOK and then getting dragged on Twitter :D So embarrassing.

It’s a neo-classic, as in it’s not up there with the classics of the good old days but a damn fine attempt by modern day Mariah to create a new Petals or Looking In for the 2010s.

10/10

It's one of the best things she's ever done. In Planet SorB it was a new entry into the Great American Songbook. I mean, yes, the Mr Kipley line is unfortunate, but it's the song that should have been Adele's biggest worry since diabetes and given Xtina a smirk in her belief that she was ripping off You Lost Me. I like that she crams almost too much in - it makes the moments she lets it breathe all the more heavy and poignant.

me @ this thread not turning out how I intended

tumblr_mx42a6A4m81qd8zg3o1_500.gif

I mean, I understand what Ms. dUb is saying, but I find the content very relatable as someone who loves to cut people out of my life, and practise it religiously as an Art.

I like the structure of it a lot, so am disappointed that it kind of finishes just as it is getting going. A good 8/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom