Marina - "Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land"

oh my god. Tove Lo's verse and chorus (!) on the remix of Venus Fly Trap are fabulous.

I love the production on this more than the album version. but it's so short.

@jivafox do you remember that passive aggressive Insta story she had when someone asked her to perf a song from Electra and she was all 'No because it's MY tour not yours!'

Has this been remixed, reworked or remade on Apple Music? Because it's ripping my speakers up tonight!

They made it into the Spatial Audio thing on Apple Music now chrissy, I think! You can enable or disable in settings but I think the default is with it turned on.

Has this been remixed, reworked or remade on Apple Music? Because it's ripping my speakers up tonight!
In a good way or bad way hun? I've not been able to get into this album. I think the awful artwork has really put me off! And yes I know it's superficial.

it really is a colossal lyric.

I tried to explain it to a straight person last week and was met with some bemusement :D

RATE

09.5 Ancient Dreams
07.5 Venus Fly Trap
09.5 Man's World
10 Purge the Poison
08.5 Highly Emotional People
09 New America
08.5 Pandora's Box
08 I Love You But I Love Me More
08 Flowers
10 Goodbye

Goodbye is such a marvellous and beautifully melodic song and she's the sole credited songwriter - her talent does not get enough credit.

In a good way or bad way hun? I've not been able to get into this album. I think the awful artwork has really put me off! And yes I know it's superficial.
TRY AGAIN, suedette! there's plenty for you to love here! I'd say the more stripped-back half is probably the most up your street.

Kinda both iconic and random

20210910_233011.jpg

Iā€™m going to dress like a blood clot now. She could be anywhere between 30 and 150kg and Iā€™d have no idea

Lil Kim is the original Ghetto Fab queen. Dressing like a post-IML prolapse is exactly what she should be doing.

it really is gorge. I've never loved her stripped back balladry much before but on this album they're fantastic.

It sounds quite Lana, but really nice.

"Emotionally I'm at the edge of the knife" is quite a lovely lyric. Practically Shakespeare for her.

So the album has finally clicked with me. I don't know how/why it even took this long.
Updated Marina rankings:

1. The Family Jewels
2. Froot
3. ANCIENT DREAMS IN A MODERN LAND
4. Electra Heart
5. Love + Fear

So the album has finally clicked with me. I don't know how/why it even took this long.
Updated Marina rankings:

1. The Family Jewels
2. Froot
3. ANCIENT DREAMS IN A MODERN LAND
4. Electra Heart
5. Love + Fear
very glad to hear it beb! I find it difficult to rank her albums except to say that Froot is clearly THE ONE. but let's try.

01 Froot
02 Electra Heart
03 Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land
04 The Family Jewels / Love + Fear

I actually very much enjoy most of Love + Fear so I guess you'd have to say I'm a MENTALLY ILL STAN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom