Martina Topley-Bird - Forever I Wait

One for those wanting a new Massive Attack album :eyes:

Mainly produced with 3D from Massive Attack, this album really sounds like something that could have come out in-between Mezzanine and 1000th Window.
Martina has described it as her actual debut album, as her previous albums never quite ended up the way she really intended them.

On first listen it's BEAUTIFUL. 'Wanted' is the closest I've heard to a sister song to Teardrop, and Pure Heart is STUNNING.

I hope this album makes some waves for Martina. She's been terminally underrated through her career.
The early Tricky albums alone would be NOTHING without her involvement, it's always irked me her name wasn't more prominently credited - especially on a classic like Maxinquaye where the vocals are 75% from her.

One of my more tenuous claims to fame is that my ex-housemate used to be her backing singer for a while.

Between that and Corinne Bailey Rae being a regular at a lot of the same Leeds venues as me (and her poor husband dying of a heroin overdose literally around the corner from my local) I was very much a mover and a shaker of the late 00s British neo-soul movement. :altaf:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom