Mary Kiani's Front Porch Sessions

Been listening to 100% on repeat whilst doing some at home exercising (Motiv 8 Remix of course) and afterwards I decided to google to see what old Mary had been up to ... living it up in Sydney now!! 🥳 Alas, i cannot believe i am just finding out about this now? SERIOUSLY! Before Sophie made Kitchen Disco's a thing .. our Mary was knocking them out on a Friday night to an audience of nobody (well one old gay and a random pensioner) on her front porch.

Not particularly impressed with the songs she belts out (in this one at least .. TRAVIS .. really!?! :eyes:) but i stan for her story of her trip to Bali with her 2 gay friends for her 33rd Birthday (20:25mins in) .. she seems a right hoot!

Last edited:
How did me and @straightorbroken miss this? Love some Mary, especially I Imagine and When I Call Your Name as well as 100%. The Motiv8 mix of Let The Music Play was fire!

:disco: YES!!!

I actually just discovered a Motiv8 career spanning remix download mp3 pack the other day and have been reminiscing to those perfect 90's beats all weekend, i didn't realise how prolific he was, of course the Mary stuff is right up there!

Perhaps we all need to log in next time she goes live from her street and request her to knock out a hits medley! :)

:disco: YES!!!

I actually just discovered a Motiv8 career spanning remix download mp3 pack the other day and have been reminiscing to those perfect 90's beats all weekend, i didn't realise how prolific he was, of course the Mary stuff is right up there!

Perhaps we all need to log in next time she goes live from her street and request her to knock out a hits medley! :)
Oh a sync listen. She’d be delighted.

I've got one saved, where she's indoors and with an old lady. Couldn't make head nor tails of it and just haven't got around to watching the full thing.

This looks even better :disco:

I'm now finally on board with the original and Motiv8 mixes (what a climax).

*applies lip gloss in time to the filthy beats*

Yeah whatever’s happening from 3.36 on musically in the edit is worthy of a dance floor frenzy.

I actually just bought the first 2 TTF albums and the 2017 compilation for my car (I almost went for the attend the video shoot package for Futurelands until it dawned on me that these singles were not exactly new) and was screaming at the inlay notes from Jon Campbell. Mary is "a great session singer" and the sour grapes evident where whatever was started on United, she doesn't even get a thank you despite singing the main vocalist out the booth. Not played anymore of Dominator 2 so far, but the mix is also really buried. Still it's an amazing track and I always thought it was uncanny how those bits that actually are Mary Kiani sounded like Mary Kiani. Oh ye Kiani shove Mary off the bus, etc.

I do like some of the instrumentals, but this is quite the batch of bangers even if that's almost the whole selection.

New Emotion
Dreamscape
U Got the Passion
Real Love
Ultimate High
More than A Feeling
United
Such A Phantasy (if this came after Such A Feeling I'm going to google quotes from both parties)
Give Me Your Loving (Sweet Sensation)
Keep Holding On

She really is like something between League of Gentlemen and The Comeback, god love her. I'm pleased she's taking credit for some of Real Love's melody. Jon will be furious.

Has she just outed Jake Canuso (her Let the Music Play dancer also seen in Don't Give Me Your Life among others and of course Benidorm)?

No shame in sharing that her big Mardi Gras performance was at 7am :D

There's no denying it was pretty mega though.

It's very touching to hear her mention her family. I've only ever been told about it by a super fan, but it's quite heartbreaking as even there you can hear it's a tough subject.

"You put on TTF and instantly you know it's me... Babe of the Year 1995". What a sign off.

Aww Mary Doll :disco:

• Love
Reactions: COB
I love the way the interviewer manages a few words before Mary takes over and talks for 10 minutes each time without interruption whilst going on all sorts of tangents whilst somehow staying on subject. “Aayyyee…” Could you imagine what she’s like with a drink in her?

There was quite a bit of brand new info for me too. This new track which is so good she says, even though she didn’t even remember the song when she heard it again and Mary Kiani reimagined upcoming.

Last edited:
Hiya moopeh

Had no idea. I wonder if her students get daily monologues from her about The Career. I would pay to attend if I were local.

I don't know if this is only viewable if you're friends with Märy on Fäcebook, but I'd have went off if she did the double whammy of her motiv8 remixes of 100% and When I Call Your Name as she does here:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom