Melanie C returns - Melanie C (2020 album & singles)

Have you listened to In and Out of Love @Rita? I think you'd enjoy it!

stream for even healthier skin!

excellent remix of In and Out of Love from Nick Reach Up bringing all the piano-house feels

there's also an extended version for anyone who wants prolonged boppery

We need to change the topic title!
It's been almost two decades since this woman released three(!) good songs in a row

Oh I’m tempted to get tickets but I kind of decided to hold off as I don’t want another Louise situation

There are 90 second previews of the entire album on Beatport. Good Enough sounds IMMENSE. Oh my!
eek.gif

Good Enough and Overload sound like the tits :disco: and some of the rest sounds awful :D

Good Enough and Overload sound like the tits :disco: and some of the rest sounds awful :D

Sis is stuck in the 90's where the album highlights are the singles :D I can't believe the rest of it is so mid-tempo wishy washy tropical pop.

The singles bop hard enough, so I guess that's a positive mark along with what I said before, it's the first time in about 18 years where she releases 3 consecutive singles I like a lot.

it's out

completely different vibe to the other singles. it's not really like anything she's done before? no idea if I like it :D

Last edited:
It’s not the same level as the previous three. It’s okay, maybe a grower

I quite like the musical mood. Lyrically it is a bit trite though - it is no 'I couldn't live without my phone but you don't even have a home' but I'm not terrifically inspired by 'ooh when you feel like giving up and you don't feel good enough, gotta believe in yourself'.

oh you're kidding yourselves saying this one's her best yet in 20 years, she's been releasing quite good songs this year which is an incredible feat for this woman

too bad judging from the album sampler the rest of the songs sound like filler city

Fearless is very different to the others, I’m not sure what to think.

I don’t like the latest one. It’s nothing like the first three songs, and feels pretty clunky to me.

but I’m here for a Mel resurgence in to the top 20 of the album chart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom