Melfest Performers' New Music

New old music. Linda is opening the archives:

I vaguely remember that she recorded this, but was she rejected or did she pass on it?

A whole album incoming :o

https://www.magnusonline.se/product-page/cd-en-jäkla-massa-schlager

1. Genom sol och regn
2. Something In Your Eyes
3. Fyrfaldigt hurra
4. Hold Me Closer
5. Jag tror på oss (Demo 2008)
6. Kall som is
7. Se mig
8. Hur svårt kan det va' (Version #2)
9. Möt mig i Gamla Stan (Version #2)
10. Headlines (Demo 2009)
11. Mexico

I wonder what those Version #2s are about? Maybe they are singing each other's songs.

A lot of is on Spotify and sadly not very good. Genom sol och regn is a real CHORE

Yeah, I did not need Magnus' take on Hold Me Closer. 🫠

I hadn’t heard this previously but yes tackling this song suggests someone misunderstood the assignment.

Agree that Genom sol och regn is a dud but I like the others.

8. Hur svårt kan det va' (Version #2)
9. Möt mig i Gamla Stan (Version #2)

I wonder what those Version #2s are about? Maybe they are singing each other's songs.
They’re just re-recordings. I think the Gamla Stan one is the same version he included on an EP a couple of years ago and it’s more or less identical to the original.

Gamla Stan really is virtually the same. Aside from some backing vocals and the end I'm struggling to find differences. The bontempi backing on Hur svårt kan det va sets it apart though :D

I do like how Linda goes to town on the key change, similar to how she performed it live.

She sounds quite different on Headlines. It feels a very appropriate song for her.

Anna sounds lovely on her new one:

Some lyrical clunkiness, but she is back on safer ground here.

Last edited:
The 4th placers of Sweden and Poland's 2022 selections has joined forces and released Running With Lightning, a Wrethov, Jansson and Laurell co-write and likely Melodifestivalen reject.

Makes you wonder what could've been. Was there a potential collaboration for Melfest in the works?

Last edited:
It is a coincidence this is a duo. Warner Music just thought this is a good collaboration since they are both interested in Eurovision. I doubt they even met.
This song was written for Melodifestivalen 2021/2022.

Reactions: Hak
Well it’s crap anyway. Literally and figuratively phoned in.

Reactions: D5K
Poor Perrelli. She clearly spent an absolute fortune on this album of big band standards and judging by the streams the interest is sub-minimal.

STICK TO YOUR STRENGTHS, LUV

He's a curious one for them to try and push internationally considering the indications so far that his appeal is probably a bit more limited to Sweden.

He's a curious one for them to try and push internationally considering the indications so far that his appeal is probably a bit more limited to Sweden.

There seems to be a Max-documentary tied to it, too. :eyes:

Will only watch if it features a lot of Pernilla.

RÄDDA SCHLAGERN!

:hostage:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom