Melodifestivalen 2010-2019 Survivor: SEMI FINAL

Vote for your LEAST FAVE

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
One of the defining also-rans of the last decade at Melfest; Idol alum, dreadlock apologist and 2009 recipient of the coveted QX Magazine 'Homo of the Year' award, Mariette Hanson made her debut in 2015 and was immediately ranked among the potential favourites. Essentially Clare Maguire's Ain't Nobody with a splash of Madonna's Frozen, it was a great, dramatic performance piece that would have been a perfectly credible Eurovision entry. I've always found it slightly half-baked as a song though, and despite its Melfest success it was actually the lowest-charting of her entries before the instantly forgotten Shout It Out in 2020.

Still, a very promising and notable debut. Now on to our final three!

Timoteij - Kom (5th 2010)

Sanna Nielsen - I'm In Love (4th 2011)

Mariette - A Million Years (4th 2017)

I’m In Love has come a LONG WAY, but it’s definitely time for it to bow out now…

Can we start DELETING accounts please :evil:

Although this will all be moot when I have to make quite the volte face in the final!

I'm still astounded that 'A Million Years' is the hill so many misguided posters have chosen to die on.
I'm marvelling at the sheer RESILIENCE of it - forum witches (led by GRAND HIGH WITCH @COB) have been coming for her as the main contender to go out since ROUND 5 and here she is about to stroll into the final!

I don’t know what it is about survivors that just fucks everything up
It's just revealed preference/polarisation dynamics really, isn't it? The immovable object of the A Million Years antis, meeting the unstoppable force of the bloc that would rather throw almost anything else out to save it, give or take a few swing voters and the odd "fine if I can't get rid of this one I'll vote for the other Mariette/Ace Wilder song" subplot.

Any vote against Sanna is a vote against love and decency

WE ARE UNITY, AND WE ARE UNSTOPPABLE

It's just revealed preference/polarisation dynamics really, isn't it? The immovable object of the A Million Years antis, meeting the unstoppable force of the bloc that would rather throw almost anything else out to save it, give or take a few swing voters and the odd "fine if I can't get rid of this one I'll vote for the other Mariette/Ace Wilder song" subplot.
‘Next time on Sunset Beach…’

And yes I realise the irony of using a quote from Conchita, who beat Sanna but whatever it’s a good quote

I really like A Million Years, I just don't believe it deserves to knock either of the other two into third place. It has the least character of the ones we've got left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom