Melodifestivalen 2010-2019 Survivor: THE FINAL

VOTE (VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE) FOR THE WINNER!

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
A strange but enjoyable little footnote in Sanna Nielsen's Melfest career, I'm In Love came three years after her near-victory with Empty Room, which was followed by a #1 album and a big boost in her profile. You might have expected her to come back with another power-ballad, but that would obviously wait until her next appearance in 2014. Instead she went full schlager - a genre even then rapidly falling out of favour. But such was her popularity that she effortlessly stormed her semi-final and finished a credible 4th in a very competitive year.

There's a lot to love about the I'm In Love performance. The new lesbian buzzcut, the smug facial closeup, the weird clunky choreo with the dancers/stagehands appearing like grovelling serf worshipping at the altar of their 8ft viking drag queen goddess, and of course the straight-out-of-Hero I'M! IN! LOVE! punchy armography. Poor old Linda must have been SEETHING.

3rd: Sanna Nielsen - I'm In Love (4th 2011)
4th: Mariette - Don't Stop Believing (3rd 2015)
5th: Ace Wilder - Busy Doin' Nothing (2nd 2014)
6th Wiktoria - As I Lay Me Down (6th 2016 - WILDCARD)
7th: Ace Wilder - Don't Worry (3rd 2016)
8th: Molly Sandén - Why Am I Crying? (5th 2012)
9th: Hanna Ferm & LIAMOO - Hold You (3rd 2019)
10th: Mariette - For You (5th 2018)
11th: Louise Hoffsten - Only The Dead Fish Follow The Stream (5th 2013)

Which of course leaves us with our FINAL TWO, both of which - despite the grumblings of certain Mariette denialists - would have made EXCELLENT Eurovision entries in their respective years. Choose your fighter!

Timoteij - Kom (5th 2010)

Mariette - A Million Years (4th 2017)

Good has defeated evil with Mariette having a song in the final. :o Obviously her to win

• Care
Reactions: VoR
I was more bonkers than anybody in trying to save ‘A Million Years’ but ‘Kom’ is the song which properly introduced me to MF.

Congratulations to TIMOTEIJ, a very worthy winner indeed. :disco:

For those who haven't heard it, here's the almost as good English version of Kom which I'm sure would have done very well at Eurovision in 2010.

And of course, if you haven't listened to their second album Tabu, get on it! It's wall to wall bangers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom