Melodifestivalen 2019: Deltävling Four - Lidköping

VoR

Take it or leave it
Last week, Sweden once again SAVED SCHLAGER with Lina Hedlund going straight to the finals, alongside John Henrik Fjällgren and his lovely horse reindeer. However, is anyone else getting an unsettling feeling that we're three weeks in without having heard a potential winner? Here are the last seven who could turn things around...

1. Pagan Fury - Stormbringer
(Tobias Gustavsson, Fredrik Thomander, Anders Wikström, Mia Stegmar)
PaganFury-999x562.jpg

Now usually the token heat four rock entry is about as welcome around these parts as Liam Neeson at a Black Lives Matter convention, but this cosplay nonsense actually looks like it could be quite fun. The group describe themselves as 'historical nerds' and are best known for making music for a game called 'Crusader Kings 2'. I can see myself raising a glass of mead or two to this one.

2. Anton Hagman - Känner dig
(Gusten Dahlqvist, Oliver Forsmark, Anton Hagman, Jakob Hjulström)
AntonHagman-999x562.jpg

Anton and his unacceptable tattoos was last seen in 2017 with Kiss You Goodbye, famously knocking out Loreen in the process. Clearly somebody in production still hasn't forgiven him, as he's shoved out in second here, which feels quite the indignity for a recent finalist. He's also singing in Swedish, which suggests maybe he isn't really playing for the win this year. So far the pretty boy effect has been fairly neutered by the new voting system, but let's not get complacent just yet...

3. Lisa Ajax - Torn
(Lisa Ajax, Isa Molin)
LisaAjax-999x562.jpg

First her heart wanted her dead, then she didn't give a fuck. This year, Lisa Ajax is torn. Christ her life sounds miserable for somebody barely into her twenties. This was a last-minute addition to the lineup, presumably after bigger names such as Molly Sandén and Petra 'September' Märklund said no thanks. It's also her first entry that she's written herself. None of this bodes hugely well, but some insiders are claiming it's actually a really strong entry, so who knows?

4. Arvingarna - I Do
(Mikael Karlsson, Nanne Grönvall, Casper Jarnebrink, Thomas ”Plec” Johansson)
Arvingarna-999x562.jpg

Back in 1993, four strapping Swedes hit the Eurovision top ten with the sing-along schlager classic Eloise. 25 years on they're older, fatter and beardier but still much beloved by the Swedish public - as evidenced by lead singer Casper Janebrink's recent victory on the reality show Stjärnornas stjärna. This one is written by none other than Nanne fucking Grönvall and is likely to play to their strengths with another stomping retro chorus. Most likely to qualify comfortably on goodwill and then do nothing in the finals when the Swedes get their voting gameface on.

5. Bishara - On My Own
(Markus Sepehrmanesh, Benjamin Ingrosso, Robert Habolin)
Bishara-999x562.jpg

The youngest of this year's competitors, little Bishara has a song written by last year's winner Benjamin Ingrosso - so expect more slick, modern pop music with clever choreography. This has been a winning formula for Sweden in recent years, so unless fatigue kicks in I'd by no means discount this from potentially taking the whole thing.

6. Ann-Louise Hanson - Kärleken finns kvar
(David Lindgren Zacharias, Josefin Glenmark-Breman, Olof ”Ollie” Olson)
Ann-LouiseHanson-999x562.jpg

Oh Ann-Louise, was that really the best shot? Anyway, like a grim vision of Linda Bengtzing's future - or possibly present - Ann Louise currently holds the record for most appearences at Melodifestivalen without a win, thirteen times! One of those is of course the incredible C'est la vie, but don't get your hopes up for any high-kicking antics here, she's singing a mournful tribute to recently deceased Swedish icon Lil babs. Probably too much of a buzzkill to do anything, unless Sweden gets a major case of collective guilt for doing her dirty so many times in the past.

7. John Lundvik - Too Late For Love
(John Lundvik, Anderz Wrethov, Andreas ”Stone” Johansson)
JohnLundvik-999x562.jpg

After making a big impression with vers-bottom anthem 'My Turn' last year, songwriter John Lundvik is this year's pimp slot competitor. It's been a few years since anybody actually won from this position, but it's still a big stamp of approval from SVT, so there's definitely a very strong likelihood that this'll be one of the major contenders.
Reviews: Today
Snippets: Tomorrow
Show: 7pm UK Time Saturday

Last edited:
Reactions: dUb
I think the reviews are tomorrow and the snippets Thursday, no? Anyway this heat seems kinda easier to predict on paper - John, Bishara, Lisa and Arvingarna kinda seem the clear top 4 but we know how unpredictable this year has been. John, Bishara and Lisa all have ballads, and I don’t know if I can see two making it direct.

John has the hype from last year but I still think he is too old fashioned but I’m assuming his song won’t be too far off last year’s entry which is not good news for Michael Rice if he wins considering he basically sang over the backing track of John’s other MF possibility from last year. But he has the pimp slot so he is obviously one of the preferred options.
Bishara could pull a Malou but I think it’s harder with a ballad to assert your strage presence, though he does have a great voice. There’s been a lot of talk of his song unlike with Malou, so there must be something in it.
Lisa might have been the last one in, but from what I read the uncertainty was not to do with the song itself, but the fact that it was a ballad, of which they already had quite a few in the line up, in particular, Wiktoria’s. There’s been quite a few situations before where they have overlooked a better song for a lesser one to give more diversity. Tobbe Ek says that this song was actually meant to be Loreen’s comeback until she decided on Statements, I am guessing the Lisa co-write credit is maybe more of a small lyrics thing than anything else. She’s definitely a better singer than Wiktoria but she does come across as a typical Scandi teenager in that she looks like she doesn’t care. But still one to watch.
There’s nothing like Arvingarna in the final yet and remember Rolandz made it from this semi last year, so it’s pretty certain they will qualify in some form or another. They still have a fair bit of presence.

At first guess I would say Arvingarna and John, but actually any of combination of the 4 would be possible.

As for the other three, poor Ann Louise is almost certain to be knocked out in the first round, and going by recent things, Anton is likely to join her, Pagan Fury are the uncertainty of this semi, but I can’t see them doing well.

At the moment, I would say the front runners are Hanna and Liamoo, but let’s see how things go on Saturday. And also the AC duels. I would say that the results so far would be:

3rd - Anna, Andreas, Rebeckah
4th - Nano, Vlad, Martin

I could see Andreas v Martin as an interesting one.

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure John Henrik has said his song starts slow, but is largely uptempo.

Is anyone sick of Lisa Ajax yet? Her songs are pretty competent, but that's just not how you do a charismatic RBF

The John Lundvik song does sound like the one to beat

The fact that I could hum John’s song after watching only the 30 second rehearsal clip probably stands him in good stead. Sounds like the kind of thing the juries at Eurovision would EAT UP too.

Dress Rehearsal audience poll

1. Bishara On my own 166 29.9 %
2. John Lundvik Too late for love 154 27,7 %
3. Arvingarna I Do 98 17,6 %
4. Pagan Fury Stormbringer 65 11,7 %
5. Lisa Ajax Torn 56 10,1 %
6. Anton Hagman Känner dig 9 1,6 %
7 Ann Louise Hanson Kärleken finns kvar 7 1,2 %

John Lundvik not winning the poll is a bit of a shock.

Which Honeyz album is that Bishara song from, again?

Wow that really is the bastard lovechild of End of the Line/Never Let You Down. He's got the same high-pitched warble that Celena had - most likely as he's still to reach puberty.

Gutted for Pagan Fury. That little dribble of anal discharge getting through at the end was the first genuinely terrible result of the series. The song is dated SHIT and his voice is so unlistenably shrill - you could forcibly insert a rape alarm into a cat's arsehole and achieve a more mellifluous sound.

I'm concerned about Bishara. He seemed to be getting by far the biggest reaction in the hall.

Hopefully the new voting system will do him and his shit-eating Peter Andre ballad over.

Just send the Mamas to Israel for all I care.

If they get a spare ticket for John, he might as well tag along I s'pose.

He was absolutely awful, his voice was like nails down a blackboard and the song wasn’t even that good. But I can see it doing very well.

Lisa’s song is so so good but takes a number of listens to ‘get’ but I don’t think she’ll make it out of AC. I bet they put her up against Anna. It definitely sounds like a a Loreen song.

The lead singer of Arvingarna is a bit sleazy. Song was ok. The one on his right is a hot daddy though!

John is a likely winner and the vocals were excellent and he seems a lovely guy but he’s a bit, how do I say, earnest?

Ann-Louise making it past the first round is one of the best things ever to happen in MF. It really doesn’t mean much at all but it was lovely for her not to go out in the first round.

I think John will probably win. It's one of the few songs that has a winners vibe. The overall standard this year has been dire.

Last edited:
Bishara made me feel uncomfortable. The song is good, but for a 13 years old looking guy was just

hqdefault.jpg

No, it's the way he reacts when waiting for results, shaking and stuff and then going OTT when he wins, calm down bitch! I am sure he is just invested in it but he's a bit much. Not sure there's much of a personality there. but he did deserve to go through and it wouldn't be a bad entry, if a little safe.

Bishara doing WAY better than any of the other finalists so far, Hanna and Liamoo second and Wiktoria third. John not doing that great surprisingly. Ugh, I swear if he wins. :(

Bishara doing WAY better than any of the other finalists so far, Hanna and Liamoo second and Wiktoria third. John not doing that great surprisingly. Ugh, I swear if he wins. :(
If Sweden embarrass themselves by sending that little fuckwit then I sincerely hope they crash out in the semi-final.

Should his bollocks not have dropped if he's almost 16? How can they expect him to represent their country if he can't even get puberty right? Useless little bastard.

I've decided I need the Loreen version of 'Torn' in my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom