Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Malou Prytz - I Do Me

• Arvingarna - I Do

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
We have the songs, we have the running order. Who will Sweden send?

Quite a strong final in the end I must say.

I think it's John Lundvik's to lose. I'd be happy with that too, it's really quite rousing. The other likely contenders (Bishara, Wiktoria and Hanna/Liamoo) would only add to this year's ballad soup, which is really not what we need at this point.

A shameless copy & paste what I just wrote in another thread:
I've just realised that technically Anna STILL has a chance of winning this :D

TBH I don't think it's a bad final really. Of the people who could potentially win, I'd actually most like Jon Henrik to win :D I could see it doing well at Eurovision if it did win too...it's very You Raise Me up but joiked.

It's clearly going to be Bishara though :zombie: once again making Melodifestivalen investment somewhat a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

Last edited:
Bishara is a worst case scenario winner for sure. He has the runaway lead on YouTube, but John Lundvik is doing better on Spotify which I'm hoping is a better indication.

Plus do Sweden really want to risk sending somebody whose voice has a reasonably high probability of breaking between now and Tel Aviv?

Faves:

1. Anna
2. Jon Henrik
3. Lisa Ajax

4. Hanna & Liamooo
5. Lina (although it feels more like a parody of a MF song :D)
6. Wiktoria
7. Jon Lundvik
8. Malou

<the rest, but I do enjoy the old men as fun for MF>

If we are talking winners I'd MUCH RATHER Jon Lundvik or Wiktoria than Bishara. Basically anyhting but Bishara :D
I also love that DollyStyle have by far the most youtube views of the year with 1.5 million (WTF?)

I would enjoy Anna's likely reaction of abject horror if she actually won. :D Especially as, nice as it is, Ashes to Ashes is the kind of thing that could very easily crash out in the semis at Eurovision.

I reckon she'll finish midtable though.

Personal ranking

1. John Lundvik
2. Lina Hedlund (I will likely never listen to this again past next week, but her presence is still most welcome)
3. Anna Bergendahl
4. Hanna Ferm & LIAMOO
5. Malou Prytz
6. Lisa Ajax
7. John Henrik Fjällgren
8. Arvingarna
9. Wiktoria (Excellent performance but I find the song deathly dull)
10. Mohombi
11. Nano
12. Bishara

I think/hope John Lundvik will win

If it's not him then Anna please but that's only ever going to happen in my gay dreams

Time to get on board this year, then. U struggle with the whole thing as it is, and then reading the threads for the first couple of weeks hardly tempted me to dip my toes in earlier.

Were there any massive casualties crashing out I need to be aware of before moopyfestival?

Were there any massive casualties crashing out I need to be aware of before moopyfestival?

Not really, TBH.

Oscar Ernestad probably the most notable. 21 year old former boyband member singing an ode to his 48 year old girlfriend with hysterically off-putting staging, but a good song under it all that went on to be a big chart hit.

Mad old Arja was never going anywhere but her song/performance was quite lovely in an old school schlager way.

Margaret - the Polish girl from last year - was a bit of a shock exit. But I don't think much to the song personally and the stage show was atrocious.

Bishara is a worst case scenario winner for sure. He has the runaway lead on YouTube, but John Lundvik is doing better on Spotify which I'm hoping is a better indication.

Anna's youtube views aren't that far off Bishara, are they?

OMG maybe she can win after all :D

13 I Do Me

It’s dUb’s PICK OF THE YEAR!

Swedish Spotify positions as of today (non-finalists in italics)

1. John Lundvik (224,193)
2. Hanna Ferm & Liamoo (208,213)
4. Bishara (183,364)
5. Mohombi (165,682)
7. Dolly Style (150,137)
8. Wiktoria (133,636)
9. John Henrik Fjällgren (126,592)
10. Omar Rudberg (122,641)

11. Arvingarna (116,439)
13. Anna Bergendahl (114,072)
14. Lisa Ajax (110,877)
15. Malou Prytz (107,742)
20. Oscar Ernestad (96,951)

29. Lina Hedlund (77,655)
30. Zeana (75,705)
32. Nano (74,720)

I'm with dUb, Malou has become my favourite of the year

1. Dolly Style
1. Malou Prytz
2. John Lundvik
3. Lisa Ajax
4. Wiktoria
5. Bishara
6. Anna Bergendahl
7. Hanna Ferm & LIAMOO
8. Mohombi
09. Arvingarna
10. Lina Hedlund
11. Nano
12. John Henrik Fjällgren

Reactions: dUb
When were they released to spotify?

The finalists were released immediately after the fourth semi final last Saturday. The non-qualifiers and the Andra Chansen qualifiers were released immediately after their respective heats. (Anna B and Nano came from Heat One, Arvingarna and Lisa Ajax from Heat Four)

The figures in brackets are their daily streams for yesterday. Their total streams are a lot higher. John Lundvik is currently showing 1,650,000 total streams globally, of which the vast majority will obviously come from Sweden.

Oh right, it was the bracketed figure that was confusing me, as I thought it was low. Clearly not if it's only a day though.

In fact because I'm a stats nerd, total global streams for the finalists. Again, the early AC-ers have a significant lead here so don't read too much into Anna and Nano's numbers.

1,672,134 Anna Bergendahl
1,650,000 John Lundvik
1,455,229 Hanna Ferm and LIAMOO
1,384,177 Bishara
1,127,816 Nano
1,075,949 Mohombi
995,935 Wiktoria
887,986 John Henrik Fjällgren
758,697 Malou Prytz
730,715 Lisa Ajax
667,596 Arvingarna
499,305 Lina Hedlund

It’ll be my first attempt at watching it live this Saturday. Does it stream live from the SVT site & app please?

I have friends coming over on Saturday night, they don't know that I'll be making them watch this :D

Pretty stoked for Hanna and LIAMOO's odds, John Lundvik to a smaller extent.

While I'm as supportive of Anna B's return as the next gayer, her going to ESC might not be too different from 2010

Dress Rehearsal audience poll

1 Too Late for Love John Lundvik 141 34,8 %
2 On my own Bishara 64 15,8 %
3 Hold Hanna Ferm & Liamoo 45 11,1 %
4 I Do Arvingarna 43 10,6 %
5 Norrsken Jon Henrik Fjällgren 25 6,2 %
6 Not with me Wiktoria 19 4,7 %
7 Hello Mohombi 16 3,9 %
8 Chasing Rivers Nano 12 2,9 %
9 Ashes to Ashes Anna Bergendahl 12 2,9 %
10 I Do me Malou Prytz 12 2,9 %
11 Torn Lisa Ajax 9 2,2 %
12 Victorious LIna Hedlund 7 1,7 %

This is what I call a landslide. With 12 songs, a 35% is amazing.

Ok, maybe not, Heroes had 42.9%. Others: Frans, 31,8%, Robin S., 14,2 % (4th, first one was Yohio).

Last edited:
John Lundvik is going down a storm everywhere I’ve been tonight. Bishara hasn’t been played once. I know that’s entirely anecdotal but in my head it means he’s romping to victory.

John Lundvik is going down a storm everywhere I’ve been tonight. Bishara hasn’t been played once. I know that’s entirely anecdotal but in my head it means he’s romping to victory.

Well it's not exactly a song you hear on a night out - I imagine Oscar Enestad also featured heavily. And depending on how gay the place was, Lina Hedlund? I do love how for two months month they go absolutely CRAZY for the MF songs.

I was gonna say, you don't play Bishara to get the party going. But I'm sure he'll be top 3.

Have fun.

Well it's not exactly a song you hear on a night out - I imagine Oscar Enestad also featured heavily. And depending on how gay the place was, Lina Hedlund? I do love how for two months month they go absolutely CRAZY for the MF songs.
Lina has only been heard once, and even then in heavily abridged form. John Lundvik seems like the only option with everyone I’ve spoken to.*

*Nano romps to victory tomorrow

I honestly think Jon Henrik is one of the more competitive things Sweden could select for Eurovision this year (despite being a male soloist) considering the competition. :D

A bit of old school ethnic-ridiculousness would be interesting to have in the mix.

(OBVIOUSLY he won’t win)

Omg just send Lina and let’s pretend it’s like the good old days :disco:

She does perform the hell out of the song

I had no idea Benjamin Ingrosso wrote this

Speaking of the good old days where is everyone?! :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom