Melodifestivalen 2020: Deltävling Three - Luleå

There's still Hanna Ferm to come too. She was very hungry for it last time, so I expect something competitive.

Am I right in thinking the MF final international juries have essentially HARPOONED all female contestants from the past few years, aside from Hannah Ferm’s duet last year :D
Isn't the international jury just Björkman? :D I mean, when the horrible Spanish Head of Delegation gave the votes in 2013, he was just reading a paper they gave him in the backstage.

Am I right in thinking the MF final international juries have essentially HARPOONED all female contestants from the past few years, aside from Hannah Ferm’s duet last year :D
Yep. It's (somehow) possible to overstate how much Sweden "HATES!!!!" women. As I Lay Me Down would've almost certainly won the public televote in 2017 had the juries not left Wiktoria for dead before the last round of televoting.

Wiktoria has truly been screwed over :D

They aren’t really my thing, but it’s pretty undeniable that all 3 of her entries were top quality and would have undoubtably done big things had they got to Eurovision. As I Lay Me Down in particular.

It was utterly incredible. In retrospect, I really wish Constellation Prize had got the nod that year and she'd taken a break and come back with it for 2017. Frans really was the WORST OF ALL WORLDS in that incredible 2016 line up :gross:

I've seen some buzz elsewhere online that Bulletproof is mega popular; I don't really understand it myself though.

It's definitely a very memorable performance. On reflection I think it's an obvious top 10 in Rotterdam.

Wiktoria has a very unpleasant live vocal - she has been given appropriate jury scores if you ask me.

Oh wow Don’t Worry :D I forgot it even existed

In retrospect the stage concept was just TOO BIG for the song, it felt like Ace was only actually on stage for about half the song :D

Poor Ace and her panic attack right before that performance. Wild Child was such a good song, sigh.

Anyway I echo the fact that this was a SHITE semi. Albin gave quite possibly the worst live performance since Addis Black Widow. Amanda was fun but didn't work so well live, and Faith's inexperience showed greatly. I didn't get Anis but I can see the appeal to some though that purple velvet monstrosity he wore is AWFUL, it was quite interesting to see him rap in Rinkeby Swedish. Drängarna again not my thing and I almost predicted correctly but I'd had them DTF instead of Mariette but I guess the voting system hurt them.

As for the 2 qualifiers, Mariette was ok actually. She is a good performer, and according to the MF Eftersnack presenter is apparently the FIRST act to go DTF FOUR times. I can't be bothered to check if this is correct. I hope that is faux leather she is wearing though or she can hand back her vegan card! Mohombi was weak, but then he never has been the best live vocalist. The song is ok but nothing special.

Still think Anna has the advantage at the moment but let's see what next week brings. It doesn't look that inspiring on paper, though I am expecting Hanna to serve. And Victor will probably have some good will.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom