Melodifestivalen 2021: Deltävling Four

Tess Merkel - omg the bit at 00:45 reminds me of the Countess Luann ASFM entry :D

Lovad - I like it but it’s an understated ballad performed by a lady in Swedish and second in the draw so it’ll finish last.

Efraim Leo - Okay a decent pop song that I’ll enjoy listening to on the night but won’t ever listen to again after Saturday/next Saturday/13th March

The Mamas - I really like this! It’s structured nicely and flows QUITE NICELY (albeit the first minute at least) and the press reviewers don’t know shit :oi:

Sannex - Awful. It’s like Arvingarna but a bit younger and shitter.

Clara Klingenström - Oooh this is very nice indeed :disco:

Eric Saade - This is just a really pop song and sounds exactly like something that’s in the charts and played on the radio and whatnot. It’s hard to say much from the first snippet and I need to see a LIVE PERF to decide whether or not it’s anything Dotter and Tusse need to worry about (unlike when we first heard the Statements snippet and everyone knew immediately it’d win Melfest AND Eurovision :disco:)

EDIT: Actually Every Minute reminds of either the @Zu-Klara or @OutSynk entry from Berylvision I think, I can’t remember who it was though :D

Sannex was such a disappointment. It sounds like a DANISH entry from the mid 2010s.

The Mamas are such a comfortable DTF with that, it’s mint. I reckon the staging is gonna be massive.

Reactions: dUb
I liked Efraim, but again there’s a whiff of Denmark about it and I’m not expecting it to qualify.

Tess seems like the safest candidate for AC out of the ones that aren’t Eric or The Mamas.

I don’t get Every Minute :zombie:

I like ’In the Middle’, ’Allting ar precis likadant’ and suprise, suprise ’Best of Me’:o

good-life.-tess-merk603794e80775c-1024x682.jpg

She's 100% fifth with a bullet, but what a banger.

Sannex and Efraim will clearly nab the AC spots here, hopefully that's their ceiling though.

As soon as the Mamas started, all I could hear was This Is Me from the Greatest Showman...

Eric Saade sounds like something that would be an actual hit in the UK, and I like it. I think it will be a grower

She's 100% fifth with a bullet, but what a banger.

Sannex and Efraim will clearly nab the AC spots here, hopefully that's their ceiling though.
I dunno, the last couple of weeks haven’t been kind to the bland youngish men. I think she’s taking Efraim’s spot.

Efraim's song is like a Shawn Mendes song. Lovad's seems fine but bland.

Last week, and week 1, seemed generally stronger

I wouldn't mind another Eric win, I'm really liking the sound of that clip.

Think The Mamas are being underrated in the odds again though and hopefully the performance turns that around, they just radiate so much joy on stage.

Reactions: RJN
FIRST THOUGHTS

Tess Merkel - Not bad! I quite like this!

Lovad - Sorry I don’t have time for ballads in 2021 :)

Efraim Leo - Fuck off

The Mamas - MUCH less offensive than Move! Still not my cup of tea.

Sannex - Makes me hate inclusivity

Clara Klingenström - Yes! This might be my favourite actually :shy:

Eric Saade - Meh, disappointing

01 - The Mamas - WINNER! Of this heat at least. Omg imagine if they beat Dotter by a point again

02 - Tess Merkel - Somewhere in an exquisitely gentrified kitchen in Stockholm Jean-Pierre La Barda is dressed up as a lion and taking a load off @RaspberrySwirl in a sling to this, and in that moment all is right with the world and Tess's vision for what this song would bring to it. Hope she gets Marina from BWO in to do the spoken word bit out of tune in tribute to Alcastar, she can't have much else on at the moment

03 - Clara Klingenström - this sounds divine but I don't think it was designed to have full effect in one minute, which is all that's stopping me from rating it higher. Well that and I keep getting distracted by how much her face looks like an egg in the clip photo

04 - Eric Saade - This is giving me shades of George Michael - Flawless and Naughty Boy ft. Sam Smith - La La La (but sadly not Dinah Nah - Make Me (La La La)) and it's really good but all I can think about is how much I hate every reviewer cooing over this as his "best entry ever" - shut up! Just because it's cool and you wouldn't get kicked out of a house party within ten seconds of putting it on the aux chord does NOT make it a higher artform than a Kempefied twink with an uncanny valley thousand yard stare yelping his way through a key change over a Boney M beat and smashing a window as a metaphor for having too many emotions during puberty! :oi:

05 - lovad - I panicked when I saw her eyes and pressed next

06 - Sannex - I'm sorry these middle aged men (three of which I may or may not have slept with variants of at some point in the last six years) come in here and claim to be giving us dansband 2.0 and then turn up with THIS?! :evil: Linda Bengtzing has NOT lost all of her hair, changed genre three times, raided every charity shop between Jon-Henrik Fjällgren's reindeer herd and the JUTLAND WASTES for foul velour jackets in some shade of orange, and declared "ENERGY HAS NO LANGUAGE" in response to a question over why some gays in a pub in Marylebone were supporting her over course of the last 15 years for this disrespect to sail through to andra chansen! You were supposed to turn up with Elisa's - Linjen in min hand (lmao at her naming the band after herself after everything we saw last week), not ELISA LINDSTRÖM - CASANOVA minus the punchy chorus! All of these men are to be strapped down into a chair and have their eyes held open for 72 hours to Linda performances as I repeat "SE mig! HÖR mig! RÖR mig!" - turn up the tempo! the power of Christer compels you!

07 - Efraim Leo - ok @Mugatu get that foundation off Tess needs to pay the rent this month

Last edited:
The goodwill that The Mamas are bringing with them into this contest must be HUGE. Are Swedes known for being particularly sentimental? They've got to be in a great position if SO :disco:

Also I don't think Eric Saade is going to win with that - it's really good and it's definitely a *hit* but it feels a little too subtle and chilled to connect at Eurovision, even if it wins. I don't think it would do as badly as Dance You Off with the public but I definitely got the same kind of feel from it

Saade is telling the press that this his first entry when the song is in focus and not an afterthought. The number is scaled back and will not be reliant on a gimmick.

The Mamas vocals and energy are on point. They're going from black to golden with 'In the Middle'
in-the-middle.-the-m6037b8774a997-1024x683.jpg

Ashley has glued two sneakers together for extra height.
c.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom