Melodifestivalen 2021: Deltävling One

Calm down guys, we still have Charlotte "Still Young" Perrelli in Heat 3 that is a sure DTF, because what could go wrong? :)

I see @Suomi is liking posts. He's alive. Maybe not well, maybe he's not seeing the horizon but he's alive.

That's a relief.

Apparently this is the first time that two Swedish language songs have qualified direkt since these two notable classics :D

So much more into this song than I SHOULD BE, I think its the "deep blue sea" lyric that HOOKS ME :D
That her dancers are at 110%, whilst she's at a slovenly 35% is mildly amusing too

QUITE a flop STAB at a glory note too :D

OBSESSED with this HOT VOX ODYSSEY!

Sweden must be so pissed off at the gender imbalance next week meaning that they're going to HAVE to allow a woman to qualify.
Dotter is closing the heat, but on the other hand we very much know she's capable of a performance disastrous enough to match the likes of Tempo/Around the World :D

Well, my parents both enjoyed the show last night and are watching it again next week :D
Select observations from last night's proceedings:

Kadiatou - The dress in her VT did her no favours. The song's great but she can't sing. Her backing dancers were surprisingly chunky.
Lillasyster - Can't understand why I like this sort of thing.
Jessica - Great voice, deserves to win.
Paul - Can't understand why I don't like this sort of thing.
Arvingarna - Good song, this. The one second from left is alright.
Nathalie - Wanted it to build into something but it didn't. Disappointed.
Danny - Looks stupid, the song is repetitive and didn't deserve to qualify.
Lena - That bow is horrible. Shame we can't fast forward her singing. You wouldn't get the video of her shaving on our telly.
Christer - He's got big ears, hasn't he?
The show - The qualification process is barbaric, and it makes no sense to perform the song again when we've already seen it once.

I'm very proud of them both for getting so many of the answers right on their very first go.

I just KNEW my Mum would fancy at least one of Arvingarna and she didn't disappoint.

And both of them proudly asserted that Jessica had obviously had work done. When I said her face looks more normal in motion than it did in the promotional photos, I was told 'That face does NOT look normal' :D

She tried to bring jazz into their house, so if anything she should feel lucky to be alive. I don't think they minded her first song, but the second one was a struggle for everyone.

THAT wasn’t JAZZ! That was MOR EASY LISTENING.

But admittedly, it was novelty rather than the true Lena. The original is MAGICAL.

Can I just say, I really did enjoy last night. Both the show itself, the songs AND on here. It felt kinda old school in that every song stood a real chance and there was a real mix. It was my favourite MF semi in YEARS.

THANKS LOVES

Obviously I'm utterly fucking delighted that for once 1. there are POSTS again rather than being limited to pestering @VoR, @Tetris-Rock and @Suomi on WhatsApp while @Pingu aims a sniper rifle at me from the middle distance, and 2. that we've actually had an opening heat for what feels the first time in AGES without shrieks of 'WORST SINCE 1989'/'AWFUL, WOULDN'T HAVE STOOD FOR THIS IN 2008'!

I suppose there’s no reason why VoR can’t use his mod powers to edit the first post in the heat 2 thread when he can be arsed to get out of bed/stop playing Horizon on repeat.

Reactions: Hak
I suppose there’s no reason why VoR can’t use his mod powers to edit the first post in the heat 2 thread when he can be arsed to get out of bed/stop playing Horizon on repeat.

EXACTLY

JUst post a blank post for him to add his write ups to.

WE CAN’T WAIT FOREVER FOR VoR

I guess they tried with John Lundvik writing the 2019 entry? But got it wrong as so often. That's if they were aware of John Lundvik as a songwriter at all. Maybe it was just by chance.
It doesn't help to have a good songwriter if your artists looks like a toddler flailing his arms around pretendding to be an airplane on stage.

I wasn’t looking forward to Danny’s song at all based on the clip but I have to admit it did all come together as a really slick package so I can’t really begrudge it a place in the final.

LOVED Arvingarna - they tapped a lockdown mood, that’s for sure. Exactly what I wanted to see and the first time I’ve genuinely smiled all week. Delighted at that result, as much as I felt for Jess in that final or bust scenario.

Paul Rey, absolutely not for me, but I guess it’s the kind of thing people like, and he has got much better as a performer since last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom