Melodifestivalen 2021: Grand Final

so the U.K. has replaced Belarus as a country for this jury vote! :o
I was just coming to say :o

I presume a reaction to their DREADFUL entrants. I wonder if the EBU are planning anything :eyes:

To put it in terms Alla will understand, the President of Belarus is Christer Bjorkman and at the most recent elections the voters were treated like the Spanish HOD, minus the gift baskets.

Come on guys, you only have to make it four more days then it's all done with - tensions are high enough!

Wait, so they announced Belarus as a jury on the 9th and then discarded them the same day? Haven’t the Belarusian protests been going on for months??

This has nothing to do with any unrest in Belarus, I have it on good authority that several members of the Swedish delegation experienced severe FOOD POISONING from the Solayoh-chocolate bars handed out by Alyona Lanskaya in 2013. Allegedly Christer Björkman ended up running to the toilet to the rhythm of a... CHA CHA.

Is nobody concerned about the fact that the UK's stock has been devalued to the extent that we're now first reservists for BELARUS?
I’m a bit concerned about the depth and robustness of the international jury if the BBC are SVTs first reserves. Are they just being lazy or aren’t there any competent broadcasters left to ask? Where are Bulgaria and Norway?

I keep changing my mind about who I would like to win, at this moment in time I am very fixed on Tusse winning and I think that’s because now that the competition is nearly over I am thinking strategically about Eurovision and who could win there. I do think if Voices, Little Tot, translated Dandi Dansa, Every Minute, Still Young are all actual potential Eurovision top 5s. What a strong year!

Is nobody concerned about the fact that the UK's stock has been devalued to the extent that we're now first reservists for BELARUS?

This actually came up at the post dress rehearsal press conference yesterday. :D

The journo from Aftonbladet (Swedish tabloid) basically asked the show runner

a) Why was Belarus chosen in the first place, given their political situation

and

b) Why was an Eastern country replaced by a Western one, "and of all countries, why the United Kingdom, who clearly do not take Eurovision seriously and have never voted for a winner in Melfest".

Swedish speakers can watch the exchange from 58.00 here.

https://www.svtplay.se/video/302118...en-2021-presskonferenserna-artisterna-finalen

Reactions: Hak
Due to SHIT TECHNOLOGY, I'll be watching on the laptop and Mr Ag on his phone.

SUCH A HASSLE.

This actually came up at the post dress rehearsal press conference yesterday. :D

The journo from Aftonbladet (Swedish tabloid) basically asked the show runner

a) Why was Belarus chosen in the first place, given their political situation

and

b) Why was an Eastern country replaced by a Western one, "and of all countries, why the United Kingdom, who clearly do not take Eurovision seriously and have never voted for a winner in Melfest".

Swedish speakers can watch the exchange from 58.00 here.

https://www.svtplay.se/video/302118...en-2021-presskonferenserna-artisterna-finalen
We voted for Too Late for Love. This guy sounds like a right arsehole.

I keep changing my mind about who I would like to win, at this moment in time I am very fixed on Tusse winning and I think that’s because now that the competition is nearly over I am thinking strategically about Eurovision and who could win there. I do think if Voices, Little Tot, translated Dandi Dansa, Every Minute, Still Young are all actual potential Eurovision top 5s. What a strong year!
WTF

I feel like I’d like Voices a lot more in a Eurovision context than I do in a Melodifestivalen context, so I’ve made my peace with it winning but still Dotter or Clara plz.

We voted for Too Late for Love. This guy sounds like a right arsehole.

It is the same guy who got upset and whined that they were cancelling the after-parties because of COVID that they normally had after semi-finals and called people hateful on Twitter when they pointed out why/called him out.:goodgrief:

Rumour has it Mans is performing
Something In Your Eyes
JS.png
tonight :disco:

If he whaps out an acoustic version I SWEAR TO GOD :evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom