AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
We have a running order...

Ev04-Hn-DWYAIi-WNC.jpg

STREAM LINK HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlotte getting the same position as Loreen and Mans :disco:

It is a very good final. Doesn't feel like they are bothered about doing The Mamas any favours.

Reactions: Hak
I'd be fine with Dotter, Charlotte, Tusse, The Mamas OR Clara as winners TBH :D
And I wouldn't hate Eric too much either as much as I think it looks a bit awkward :D

I also wouldn't mind Danny as it's a bit of a SPECTACLE - but it feels like he doesn't even WANT to win :D I see him as weirdly non-competitive.

Wow, the Mamas are getting the worst plausible draw. I think this is great for both Dotter and Eric, their performances are different enough that one shouldn't overshadow or cancel out the other.

She's over 20% ahead of Eric in this poll of internet gais for whatever that's worth :side-eye:

While not a certified dUb fave, I think it's really nice that Clara has been able to break through the way she has, with little more than a guitar, her song and her story.

tenor.gif

The Swedes often get quite strategic come the final, so I'm not sure she'll actually do all that much in the voting. But a big local hit and a huge boost to her career is probably the perfect result for her anyway. It's good to have songs in the Melfest final that aren't purely in there with a view to how they'd perform at Eurovision.

To be fair we seem to go against the norm when we do vote so I can see why.

I feel like the UK jury might have been kinder than most to Charlotte, so a bit disappointed to not be represented.

In 2013 Spain was invited to be one of the international juries (first and last time, I think). The Head of Delegation decided it would be himself who would read the votes on screen with a terrible English. The jury was just him, who flew by himself to Stockholm where they invited him for the weekend. He was in the backstage reading the votes they gave him. That's how it works, so the discussion about the international juries voting is nonsense.

In 2013 Spain was invited to be one of the international juries (first and last time, I think). The Head of Delegation decided it would be himself who would read the votes on screen with a terrible English. The jury was just him, who flew by himself to Stockholm where they invited him for the weekend. He was in the backstage reading the votes they gave him. That's how it works, so the discussion about the international juries voting is nonsense.
I don’t know how it works but I presume in that instance the jury itself was in Spain and they just flew him out to announce the results? I really don’t think SWEDEN are rigging the national final :D

I don’t know how it works but I presume in that instance the jury itself was in Spain and they just flew him out to announce the results? I really don’t think SWEDEN are rigging the national final :D
There was no jury in Spain :D

I think you need more evidence to back up your claims Alla love, WHERE IS THIS MAN?

I think you need more evidence to back up your claims Alla love, WHERE IS THIS MAN?
He stopped being HoD after the Barei scandal. I don't know if things changed now or if those mysterious juries that we never know anything about actually exist anywhere, but in Spain he was the "jury" and he voted whatever they told him. Someone who works for TVE and I trust (he was there) told me, not that I was shocked at all. But if you want to believe that things like this only happens in Spain or Albania (fact), fine.

He stopped being HoD after the Barei scandal. I don't know if things changed now or if those mysterious juries that we never know anything about actually exist anywhere, but in Spain he was the "jury" and he voted whatever they told him. Someone who works for TVE and I trust (he was there) told me, not that I was shocked at all. But if you want to believe that things like this only happens in Spain or Albania (fact), fine.
Looking back at the 2013 final the Spanish jury gave 12 to the DEAD FISH LADY. I mean if Christer was trying to rig it would he not get him to vote for something competitive? :D

Is English commentary going to be any good?

Just stream it on YouTube for the international audience!

Looking back at the 2013 final the Spanish jury gave 12 to the DEAD FISH LADY. I mean if Christer was trying to rig it would he not get him to vote for something competitive? :D
FIrst at all, trying to rig anything doesn't mean to give all the 12 points to the same song, darling. And anyway, I don't see it like rigging it in the same way that Spain, that the song that wins is the one that TVE wants, no matter if they have jury or televote, it's the one they choose and that's it. I see it more like Christer trying to give an advantage to some songs for whatever reason, not that he rigs it choosing the winner, at least not every year. Or making it impossible for some huge favourites with the public (Yohio).

FIrst at all, trying to rig anything doesn't mean to give all the 12 points to the same song, darling. And anyway, I don't see it like rigging it in the same way that Spain, that the song that wins is the one that TVE wants, no matter if they have jury or televote, it's the one they choose and that's it. I see it more like Christer trying to give an advantage to some songs for whatever reason, not that he rigs it choosing the winner, at least not every year. Or making it impossible for some huge favourites with the public (Yohio).
I’ve heard Bjorkman favoured Yohio? What was the Barei scandal?

As Cyprus are taking part, does this mean MR KLITOS KLITOU will be making an appearance?

What was the Barei scandal?
Her team worked for weeks and sent TVE a dossier with all the camera work and staging they wanted, but once again TVE ignored it and went for a cheap one. They leaked it and blamed the Head of Delegation. This has been happening year after year, I guess TVE wants to make sure they don't win (as if) and have to work hard :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom