Melodifestivalen 2021: Grand Final

Also completely unrelated to anything from tonight, but apparently THIS came second in 2019 - the year of Ashes To Ashes and Not Too Late For Love?
I watched ALL of that year and have absolutely ZERO recollection of ever seeing or hearing it before, never mind it being RUNNER UP! :D

Reactions: VoR
I think Tusse is by far the most obvious potential winner of all the songs selected so far :D
Yes! And I already like it now Dotter + Clara aren’t in the mix!

Also completely unrelated to anything from tonight, but apparently THIS came second in 2019 - the year of Ashes To Ashes and Not Too Late For Love?
I watched ALL of that year and have absolutely ZERO recollection of ever seeing or hearing it before, never mind it being RUNNER UP! :D

Oh love you probably RIGHTLY went for a poo break or nipped to the offy whenever it was so much as mentioned

Is Bishara related to that vile sex pest who represented Sweden a few years ago (NOT Robin - the other one)?

Back to this evening’s shenanigans, anyone who wants Sweden to do well for whatever reason should be GLAD AND RELIEVED this was chosen

I always said that sounded like a mix of every Honeyz ballad ever recorded.

I think Tusse is by far the most obvious potential winner of all the songs selected so far :D
Seriously, if this was Romania nobody would give a shit about it. If this was us, we'd be calling it generic and featureless. I'm struggling to see this as a deserving qualifier, let alone a winner.

Tusse beat The Mamas in the public vote by over 1.3m votes:

1. Tusse, 2964269 röster
2. Eric Saade, 1471324 röster
3. The Mamas, 1646198 röster
4. Dotter, 1488599 röster
5. Clara Klingenström, 1455605 röster
6. Klara Hammarström, 1341566 röster
7. Danny Saucedo, 1309741 röster
8. Charlotte Perrelli, 1016557 röster
9. Arvingarna, 923022 röster
10. Alvaro Estrella, 1071188 röster
11. Anton Ewald, 1066340 röster
12. Paul Rey, 998030 röster

What the hell happened here and why everyone is suddenly on board with Voices? :D Thank god for good old sensible @ButterTart
I believe we're supposed to like it because it's Sweden. I'll happily say this is, by some distance, my least favourite of the Nordic countries this year. I prefer FALLEN ANGEL to this, because at least that doesn't sound like it was focus tested into oblivion before it reached the stage.

Sorry but I just don’t believe that...it’s by far the best song this year musically and performance wise

It ticks all the boxes for a perfect Eurovision song, which is why I didn’t like it in Melfest when there was the likes of Dotter and Clara providing something different, but I do like it now it’s in the mix in Eurovision.

Sure it isn’t my favourite and as I said earlier unless Malta bring THE song this will definitely be in the mix come May.

No, to be fair you were all saying anything else until it won. This is unbelievable :D
To be fair I do believe I was the only vote for Tusse in the “who do you want to win” poll. And even then I voted for half the songs as it was multiple choice.

Well you're saying you would kill to have that representing UK, when that's not the point. I mean, I would kill even for Paul Rey instead the garbage we send most of the time.

It ticks all the boxes for a perfect Eurovision song, which is why I didn’t like it in Melfest when there was the likes of Dotter and Clara providing something different, but I do like it now it’s in the mix in Eurovision.

Sure it isn’t my favourite and as I said earlier unless Malta bring THE song this will definitely be in the mix come May.
I can't get on board with that thinking at all. If it's not good enough to win a national final, it's nowhere near good enough for Eurovision. Especially a year like this, where are a lot of energetic, characterful songs. Sweden sending over-produced, mid-tempo pop by a marginally talented male singer has been a recipe for voter apathy the last few years, this isn't turning the tide.

People talk about how a Eurovision winner needs to have something extra that sets it apart, but seem to skip over that detail when talking about Sweden. I remember ovations about Dance You Off being a winner and it turned out to be a flop. This is nowhere near as bad as that but it's by no means a strong, attention grabbing potential victor.

I've never particularly liked this and I still don't. HOWEVER that is no barrier to success at Eurovision or in general :side-eye: and I do hope they do well

I said the second I heard it that it was the winner of MF this year. Was so obvious to me.

Loving The Mamas beating Dotter by 1 point again :D

Yeah I'm not seeing this as a Eurovision winner just yet. Not with those vocals.

I don't know if it's because of the pre-recorded backing vocals but he sounds off. Sounds like they're doing quite a bit of HEAVY LIFTING in parts as well.

Dotter’s reaction to her televote score is my favourite moment of the entire contest.

Klara with a K did really well, didn't she? I don't think anyone saw her finishing ahead of Danny.

Glad The Mamas got a respectable finish too, and Charlotte evading the bottom 3 is probably as good a result as she could have hoped for.

FUCK those Dutch whores who gave her zero in the jury vote though. :evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom