Melodifestivalen 2021 News

Anna's currently working on "Samba Sambero - the Home-Fitness Dance DVD", she's busy.

Unsure if this is good news or not.

I guess there’s a really good song that was written by all guys they want to use?

MF songs always seem to have so many composers
Surely (and this is an awful thing to type) they could have chucked a token woman on it if this was the issue?

It was an astonishingly silly interpretation of female equality either way.
And for some reason it slightly bugged me that the rule wasn't all songs should be written by a mixed writing team. But maybe I'm part of the problem.

What about Dr Anna
Anna's currently working on "Samba Sambero - the Home-Fitness Dance DVD", she's busy.
OMG I'd not even thought of the similarities before, but now you mention it Bergendahl totally is plausibly on track to be the beloved NATIONAL WOBBLY HISTRIONIC NIGHTMARE when the time comes for Dame Book to pass the torch/default gossip mag cover story from Generation X to millennials :disco:

OMG I'd not even thought of the similarities before, but now you mention it Bergendahl totally is plausibly on track to be the beloved NATIONAL WOBBLY HISTRIONIC NIGHTMARE when the time comes for Dame Book to pass the torch/default gossip mag cover story from Generation X to millennials :disco:

Oh THAT'S the Anna @SDF was talking about? Sorry, out-of-breath-Book still owns "Anna" based on first name. :disco:

EN SANG.
EN DRÖM.
EN EVIGHEEEEEET. *collapses*

And for some reason it slightly bugged me that the rule wasn't all songs should be written by a mixed writing team. But maybe I'm part of the problem.
I don't see how anyone involved could have thought Boys With Emotions would make any sense if even one woman had been allowed to spoil the broth of that CRACK TEAM FOR MASCULINITY of four snide junior producer label gays living in Los Angeles being allowed to write for the Sweden Mel B Festeval (sp?) for valuable work experience for their current day jobs of getting coffee for and being groped by Dr Luke

Reactions: D5K
Yesterday I was that Lovad and LOVA are both in the running, not at all confusing.

Is there a summary list of rumoured artists from Aftonbladet/Expressen anywhere?
Klara för Melodifestivalen 2021
...enligt Aftonbladets källor:
  1. Tusse Chiza
  2. Sannex
  3. Sami Rekik (från Medina) och Wahl (Från SödraSidan)
  4. Julia Alfrida (Från talangtävlingen ”P4 nästa”)
  5. The Mamas
  6. Dotter
  7. Jessica Andersson
  8. Klara Hammarström
  9. Alvaro Estrella
  10. Arvingarna
  11. Paul Rey
  12. Lovad (med låt av Albin Johnsén och Mattias Andréasson)
Högaktuella:
  • Eric Saade
  • LOVA

Ooh she's tempting fate is JessAn, but she does seem to be the only one of the old guard who's still capable of mustering a decent vote every year.

I guess it's because she's a NATIONAL TREASURE.

Klara för Melodifestivalen 2021
...enligt Aftonbladets källor:
  1. Tusse Chiza
  2. Sannex
  3. Sami Rekik (från Medina) och Wahl (Från SödraSidan)
  4. Julia Alfrida (Från talangtävlingen ”P4 nästa”)
  5. The Mamas
  6. Dotter
  7. Jessica Andersson
  8. Klara Hammarström
  9. Alvaro Estrella
  10. Arvingarna
  11. Paul Rey
  12. Lovad (med låt av Albin Johnsén och Mattias Andréasson)
Högaktuella:
  • Eric Saade
  • LOVA

:shock: Why no mention of LORRAINE?

I thought we might get Lina this year after her hosting gig, but very happy for Jessica to return. I love a bit of Party Voice but hopefully this time she has a song that she figures out how to sing live before the show.

Please not a ballad please not a ballad please not a ballad
If Jessica decides, then no more ballads. When forced to sing that 2015 dirge she'd actually preferred to sing this
:vor: Golden Shower Glorifier :vor:

Listen to those fantastic lyrics!
Give me something I can't forget,
I wanna get SOAKING WET!

RAIN ON ME! WON'T YOU RAIN ON ME?
POUR YOUR LOVE ALL OVER ME,
and MAKE ME GLOOOOW,
[...]

I'm so tired of hiding this.
I'm thirsty, I need your kiss,
wanna swim in your ocean now,
and drown in the blue with dykes,
feel like a kid again
it's so crazy that it's insane,

[...]
I WANT IT SO BAD! SO BAD!
Oh baby, baby please!
Rain on me. Won't you rain on me?

Last edited:
Any news on the return of Petra Nielsen or Anne-Lie Rydé? God knows we ALL WANT IT
Petra Nielsen, 55, is still mostly unemployed.
However, Will Ferrell did take pity on her and let her do one of the singing parts in his Eurovision movie...

Latest news on Anne-Lie Rydé, 64, was that she was invited to appear on a Swedish lottery show in spring 2020 because TV4 "wanted more female artists" (it was the International Women's Day). Unfortunately Rydé landed on her face and had to cancel since "It simply doesn't feel good to stand in front of the cameras in Sweden's sharpest TV show and look like a roasted steak tartare in the face'”. Bingolotto subsequently replaced her with Sonja Aldén, 42.

Petra Nielsen, 55, is still mostly unemployed.
However, Will Ferrell did take pity on her and let her do one of the singing parts in his Eurovision movie...

Oh as if that had anything to do with Will Ferrell letting her doing anything rather than G:son just DUSTING OFF one of his ancient Melfest rejects when he came a'calling :D

Reactions: Hak
Danny Saucedo, Eric Saade and Anton Ewald back for another throw of the dice, according to Aftonbladet.

Surely SVT will only stretch to a digital press conference this year? I can’t see them gathering 28 participants in a room together with press.

Oh wow, they're really leaning into the grudge rematch storylines this year if they've already got Dotter vs The Mama, Saucedo vs Saade I+ Loreen?) and Anton Ewald vs the public televote lined up :disco:

Linda Bengtzing versus the population of Linköping, and Anniela versus her own lungs SURELY the next DUELLER to be revealed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom