Melodifestivalen 2022 GOSSIP OCH BITCHING thread

Oooohaa-oompa-pa-dooaaa YEA-O. YEA-O.

:disco:

God, 2008 really was THE YEAR, wasn't it?

I will make the case for 2009 as the CLASSIQUE of the decade but 2008 will CERTAINLY do

It's a toss-up. But 2008 takes it because how many times in life can you say you've witnessed a rightful coronation in person?

1631126826236.png

I think the thing with this song is that fans always constantly review how it got the result it did, looking for explanations that just aren’t there. It doesn’t need that much analysis - sometimes things just happen! I remember in the week prior to Eurovision seeing a bet for 450/1 that it would win with all of the possible 12 points and it’s one of the greatest regrets I have in life that I didn’t even just put a single pound on that, but at the time it just seemed slightly too far-fetched. So when it started happening I had a slight pang of regret, but there we are. I wasn’t a huge fan of people moaning afterwards that it was ‘boring’ to see Sweden get every single 12 - it became a game in itself to see whether any country would actually deviate from that!

My favourite shot of the whole evening is after the tenth 12 pointer in a row and they pan to the Green Room and Charlotte looks just absolutely overwhelmed - as all of us indeed were at home. My younger brother semi spoiled that night for me because at one point he said “surely masterpieces aren’t allowed to enter the competition?” and I just rolled my eyes :rolleyes: The other thing that made me a bit sad (I say a bit, that night is still the greatest of my life) is seeing poor old Ani Lorak end on 0. A lesson there in stealing I suppose.

😍 😍 😍

Alexander Bard being a bitter QUEEN after not winning and screaming SANNA SHOULD'VE WON!!!
Linda Bengtzing telling Göteborg to go drown itself.
Nordman sending Johnson and Häggkvist to hell in KIRUNA (the indignation!)
Borka Borka! RAZBORKA!

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE.

- Lillasyster (Honestly loves Mello and SVT doesn't have many strong rock acts to choose from)
- Wiktoria (Been to songwriting camps and the timing makes sense)
- Malou Prytz (Backed by a female empowerment consortium, also the youngest "MF veteran" with decent results)
- Liamoo (Got snubbed by SVT last year (!!!) as they opted for Danny, Saade, Ewald & Rey)
- Danny (The timing makes perfect sense for him)
- Robin Bengtsson (Most recent winners would be hard to persuade, not RB though)
- E-Type (Has sent in songs, his new record label will need a vehicle to relaunch his career)
- Omar Rudberg (Was in contention previous years, continues to release music and Young Royals gives him a push)
- Lina Hedlund (She's easy to work with and they don't have many of her caliber or genre to choose from. It's time for Lina to get recycled.)
Also Nadja Holm! She won the latest Idol, has gotten songs sent in for her and is very capable live.

Last edited:
From Semi Final 2 in Globen Annexet

1. Patrik Jean
Very likely to compete as a songwriter, whether he get's another chance as a singer is up in the air but he did surprisingly well for a freshman and he's been attending singer-songwriting camps this summer.

2. Anton Ewald
Has been in the studio and recorded new music. Unlikely to be competing back to back.

3. Dotter
Has expressed she wants to take a break from Mello as an artist but has still participated in Mello songwriting camps. Her 5 year composer streak is unlikely to be broken in 2022.

4. Frida Green
Loves Mello and being signed to Cardiac Records & Sony has to count for something.

5. WAHL feat. SAMI
Has expressed continued interest in Mello and it's not unlikely at least the more charismatic one will make a return in some constellation at some point. Songwriting credits pretty likely.

6. Eva Rydberg & Ewa Roos
They actively campaigned for Clara votes at AC and still came close to beating the breakout star of the year. Truth be told Mello was too much for the old ladies, especially Ewa.

7. Julia Alfrida

Last edited:
:D! at Julia Alfrida being left blank.

I can totally see Frida Green coming back at some point.
Oh no :amlife: the visuals for The Silence was just lazy.
Frida has professed in an interview to be content with just getting by and to be able to sing regularly with a live band or orchestra. That's even less ambitious than SuRie!

Patrik Jean deserves and hopefully will get her spot as he was arguably the most robbed 2021... just a few old mobile taps away from AC.

The last half of Tears is actually pretty good :eyes:

Sure he's no Mans but ah come on, it was his first big stage performance!

At least he had more charisma on his first try than the goddess of success on her 52nd...

From Semi Final 3 in Globen Annexet

1. Emil Assergård
Has been outspoken about wanting to return. Gave Mello a Spotify hit in a tricky genre where SVT doesn't have many better options.

2. Klara Hammarström
Seems liked by SVT, has attended camps and LOVES the competition. Because her breakthrough was last year and not many remembers her 2020 entry she's got a reasonable chance to come back already in 2022. Getting the chance three years in a row is very uncommon though.

3. Alvaro Estrella
Is the C-list go to "latino-guy" when SVT doesn't have Mendez or any other more marketable person fitting into any particular niche. Alvaro has attended Mello camps and will eagerly wait by the phone in case Omar suddenly pulls out last minute.

4. Tusse
Winners rarely return the year after, has also expressed that there was a lot of pressure representing Sweden in ESC and that he wants to do other things in the near future.

5. Charlotte Perrelli
The timing makes no sense for Charlotte, she needs to hold off a few years until her career needs a boost again.

6. Elisa
I don't think SVT has much trust in her selection of styling and consulting.

7. Mustasch
FF.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: COB
Mello will go back on tour for 2022. Rumour has it there will also be changes to the general format and AC next year!

Farah Abadi will be a flygande reporter for Mello 2022.
mqdefault.jpg

Her assignment is to stalk the artists from the day they get a green light from SVT to their appearance on the Mello Stage.

According to Aftonbladet, Andra Chansen will be treated like two mini-heats. After two songs will go directly to the final, and two acts will go to AC.

In the new AC, the eight competing acts will be divided into two groups of 4 that compete with each other and the two songs that get the most votes in each group will advance from the two mini-heats to the final.

Back to a Final of 10 it seems.

I've seen various headlines saying "Andra chansen cancelled" and I think they're trying to call this Semi Final 5. But it does sound like AC without the hated duels.

The wording of the article slightly is confusing translated, on further reading it may indeed be the top two songs EACH from both of the two mini-heats that go through (and not just two songs, one from each mini-heat) which would mean 12.

Indeed 4 are progressing just as before. This is the format:

New Andra Chansen "Semi Final 5"
Each 3rd/4th placer from Semi Final 1-4 qualifies for Semi Final 5

Grupp 1
1st --> Finalen
2nd -> 2nd AC Round Second Semifinalen 5
3rd -> 2nd AC Round Second Semifinalen 5
4th -> Utslagen

Grupp 2
1st --> Finalen
2nd -> 2nd AC Round Second Semifinalen 5
3rd -> 2nd AC Round Second Semifinalen 5
4th -> Utslagen

Sista Chansen "Second Semi Finalen 5"
1st --> Finalen
2nd -> Finalen
3rd -> Utslagen
4th -> Utslagen

WRONG, see below!

Last edited:
The name change is just stupid though. If they don't like AC then scrap it and introduce an actual SF 5 with new artists!

Calling it Semi Final 5 doesn't change the fact that it's a second chance round and of course the name should differentiate a second chance round from the actual semi finals :manson:

Indeed 4 are progressing just as before. This is the format:
Actually scrap what I just said, the article wording confused the heck out of me. The actual format is:

New Andra Chansen "Semi Final 5"
Each 3rd/4th placer from Semi Final 1-4 qualifies for Semi Final 5 which is then divided itno two groups of four.

Grupp 1
1st --> Finalen
2nd -> Finalen
3rd -> Utslagen
4th -> Utslagen

Grupp 2
1st --> Finalen
2nd -> Finalen
3rd -> Utslagen
4th -> Utslagen

So they're basically just doing a hybrid format of the old group and newer knock-out format.

I'm fine with this but to me it just feel like a ill disguised way to excuse the name change :eyes:

If this had been in place last year, assuming the voting numbers were broadly the same (admittedly a stretch) then Klara Hammarström most likely would have been knocked out and Rena Rama Ding Dong would have made the finals.

From Semi Final 4 in Globen Annexet

1. Efraim Leo

Been to songwriting camps and sent in new material. It would be a logical step for SVT to offer him a new chance now that he's an established artist. However, for a young pop guy he actually didn't do particularly well. The pop guy category is also the most competitive of all in the Mello pre-selection. It might be tough to get a ticket if SVT choses between him and the likes of Robin B or Liamoo.

2. Tess Merkel
Tess Merkel has been immensely active at songwriting camps this year. She'd love to be involved with Mello some way or another and didn't make a fool out of herself last year. Don't be surprised if she does a duet with another ex Alcazar member.

3. Eric Saade
Didn't close the door to returning after last year and SVT wants him. Is unlikely to compete back to back.

4. Clara Klingenström
Clara has been very clear that she doesn't intend to come back to Melodifestivalen. However, we shouldn't be surprised by how persuasive a record label and SVT can be when they have an artist that is in such high Mello fan demand!

5. Sannex
Has been working on material and been confirmed to have sent in songs this year. They didn't lit any mommy-pants on fire last rounds so why would SVT chose them over the new hot Dansband of the year?

6. Lovad
It just didn't work.

7. The Mamas
They've plainly expressed the need for a break from competition. They're exhausted and want to spend their time taking care of family and singing in semi filled churches this Christmas.

Last edited:
Efraim Leo an ESTABLISHED ARTIST? :D

I thought Clara was open to coming back to Melodifestivalen, just not next year?

Aftonbladet's list of artists interested in Mello 2022

Returnees

Dotter
Nanne Grönvall
Dotter
Nanne
Lina Hedlund
Tess Merkel
Robin Bengtsson
Liamoo
Wiktoria
Nano
Efraim Leo
The Moniker
Sibel
Klara Hammarström
Andreas Weise
Victor Crone
Paul Rey
Emil Assergård
Ellen Benediktson
Sami Rekik
Patrik Jean
Isa Molin
Lillasyster
Malou Prydz
Nathalie Brydolf

From singing competitions
Nadja Holm (Idol 2030 winner)
Sebastian Walldén (Idol 2018 winner and first openly gay winner, has been in the mix for a few years now)
William Segerdahl (Idol 2018 3rd placer)
Andreas Wijk (Idol non qualifier, been in the mix for years and got writing credits in 2021 for 'Beat of broken hearts')

Various other artists
Nassim Al Fakir (Brother of Salem Al Fakir and husband of Lina Hedlund)
Malin Christin (Wiktoria's sister, had writing credits to Malta's 'Je me casse' this year)
Etta Zelmani (Young girl from TEN who already has writing credits for songs by Sigala and Louisa Johnson).
Adrian Macéus (Child star)
Niello (Swedish rapper)
Melanie Wehbe (Wrote 'Move' for the Mamas)
Peg Parnevik (Writing credits for 'Patrick Swayze' :disco:, famous from the biggest rival show to the 'Wahlgrens värld' called Parneviks)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom