Melodifestivalen 2022 GOSSIP OCH BITCHING thread

Thank GOD for Linda finally having a G:son again! Also that Myra Granberg everyone was wanging on about a few pages back, FACT FANS

Last edited:
THEOZ has a HELL of a strange songwriter list. Larsson & Lundgren (responsible for some of the big Linda Bengtzing bangers of yore), Jimmy 'Joker' Thornfeldt (behind Voices, Baila baila and EL DIABLO), and then ex-Melfest entrants Axel Schylstrom and Elize Ryd.

Looking forward to what Linda and G:son do together although the title of "Hooray four times" is odd.

Looking forward to seeing how much damage Lundvik and Ajax can do singing in Swedish.

I think it’s great that Danny broke the tabu of bigger artists choosing a native language for Melfest.

Last edited:
She's been claiming a lack of inspiration since 2017 and noted in one rare interview that she's tried to reinvigorate emotions through finding love, but ended up bingeing 62 episodes of "Girls" instead.
Funny, a lack of inspiration didn’t stop her the first few times… (Wild Child notwithstanding).

Obviously thrilled at Bengtzing being (apparently properly) BACK.

How rude of them to turn their noses up at the well rested Lili and Susie though.

I presume Lundvik will go direkt and Ajax through AC, as ever.

I think Niello/Ajax will sound similar to this from earlier in the year:

It sounds more P3 than Melodifestivalen though. I think AC might even be a stretch for our Lisa. :(

I did think it was weird they left a gap of a week between the first and second announcements when before it would be over a couple of days. I wonder if it was so they could announce the ones they had nailed down upfront and then give themselves more time to get others?

I did think it was weird they left a gap of a week between the first and second announcements when before it would be over a couple of days. I wonder if it was so they could announce the ones they had nailed down upfront and then give themselves more time to get others?

I love the implication that this means Shirley Clamp is playing hardball :disco:

I think there are 6 potential really big names they’re trying to nail down

I take it SVT saw the reaction to THE DREGS last week and Karin Gunnarsson has been told to think again?

Confirmed to be announced tomorrow
  • Robin Bengtsson
  • Alvaro Estrella
  • Angelino
  • Lancelot Hedman
  • Malou Prytz
  • Medina
  • Anna Bergendahl
  • Tenori
  • Lillasyster
  • Malin Christin

Leaving the final 4 places between these?

• Amadeus Sögaard
  • Shirley Clamp
  • Jennifer Brown
  • Daniel Norberg
  • Nassim Al Fakir
  • Victoria Silvstedt
  • Lili & Susie
  • The Playtones

Reactions: Hak
Yes, kind of. Your list is rumoured artists that they know SVT has been in contact with so there’s probably one or two artists coming from that list bit then also a few that Tobbe didn’t have a clue about.

One thing that’s almost confirmed is that it’s between Gottfrid Krantz (Schlager loving Idol 4th placer) and the band Playtones for one spot, with the latter likely winning out.

Last edited:
Yes, kind of. Your list isrumoured artists that they know SVT has been in contact with so there’s probably one or two artists coming from that list bit then also a few that Tobbe didn’t have a clue about.
Well all I know is that if Shirley Clamp isn't on the confirmed list by tomorrow morning then there's a little guy up in Leeds who is going to have his whole Christmas ruined.

Tonight we dream
Season 2 Space GIF by Paramount+

Some of them SVT really wants but are hesitant like Amadeus, Silverstedt (*and Shirley according to VoR), while the others are desperates waiting by the phone year after year hoping for the likes of Loreen to not make up their mind in time.

Choosers
  • Amadeus Sögaard
  • Nassim Al Fakir
  • Victoria Silvstedt
  • Shirley Clamp*
Beggars
  • Jennifer Brown
  • Daniel Norberg
  • Lili & Susie
  • The Playtones

Last edited:
Choosers