Microsoft buys Activision Blizzard/ Sony buys Bungie

For a measly 68.7 billion

Though seems like much better value than the $26 billion I’ve just learned it paid for LINKEDIN!

Fuck Microsoft. I don't want an XBox. Mind you, I don't want to play Call of Duty either, so this seems fine.

This is huge :o It does seem to he heading towards a bit of a Disney-style monopoly, doesn't it? I do hope they manage to do something about the workplace culture there, hopefully starting by getting rid of Bobby Kotick (who is listed in Jeffrey Epstein's address book JUST SAYING).

Microsoft owning Crash Bandicoot and Spyro doesn't feel right. Otherwise, though this is insane, but I think I like it? Blizzard IPs being handed to other developers is particularly exciting

Sony potentially no longer having CoD could be pretty big when it comes to console sales, though Microsoft have been quite open to getting their exclusive stuff onto other platforms so maybe it wouldn't be an Xbox exclusive?

Microsoft's whole console business has always been about BUYING THE TALENT THEY DON'T HAVE INTERNALLY so what's new. I'm just pleased that they keep buying companies I have ZERO interest in. I don't think I've played a Blizzard or Activision game since the NINETIES.

Sony potentially no longer having CoD could be pretty big when it comes to console sales, though Microsoft have been quite open to getting their exclusive stuff onto other platforms so maybe it wouldn't be an Xbox exclusive?
Microsoft's whole console business has always been about BUYING THE TALENT THEY DON'T HAVE INTERNALLY so what's new. I'm just pleased that they keep buying companies I have ZERO interest in. I don't think I've played a Blizzard or Activision game since the NINETIES.

I'd agree with these, except for their purchase of Bethesda a couple of years back. The newest title (Starfield) is XBox and PC only, which doesn't bode well for the next Elder Scrolls or Fallout.

I'll definitely have to put money aside for an upgrade of my PC

This one is cheaper for 3.6 billion

If this is the general games industry acquisitions and purchases thread, here's a pretty big one:

This is almost all of Square Enix's Western studios :shock: (Embracer are a Swedish company who own THQ Nordic and Gearbox among others).

The current big rumour seems to be that S-E have done this to streamline the company in preparation for a buyout by Sony, but honestly WHO KNOWS at this point.

I know someone who works at S-E and from what they say it was always really fucking strange that they owned so many Western IPs that they really didn't know what to do with.

Imagine the online onslaught if Dragon Quest (which I've never played - it's half off right now though) became a Sony exclusive.

Imagine if suddenly a plethora of Switch ports were subsequently announced a d they all sold ridiculously well.

lindsay lohan rumors GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom